Monday 27 August 2018

REVIEW: Skinceuticals C E Ferulic


~AG~

Bought this popular Skinceuticals C E Ferulic to try out. This is the first product from Skinceuticals that I have tried. Ever since falling in love with Derma-RX Max C, Vitamin C serum has become an essential part of my skincare regimen. Vitamin C helps to brighten my skintone and counteracts free radicals which causes premature aging. This Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is suppose to be one of the best Vitamin C serums in the market. It is an established product, having won 24 beauty awards.  Wow! That is a major feat.
This daytime Vitamin C serum delivers advanced environmental protection and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and brightens skin's complexion. The serum contains 15% pure Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid), 1% Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol) and 0.5% feluric acid. Their Duke Antioxidant patent formula delivers effective and stable Vitamin C to the skin. Once absorbed, this serum remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours. I have not heard of this claim from other serum.  

So instead of using this serum in the morning as directed, I use 2-3 drops of Skinceuticals C E Ferulic at night. Why do I not follow the directions? Because Vitamin C makes skin more susceptible to sunburn. Since I do not wash my face in the morning, only use toner and continue the rest of my skin care regimen. Thus, the serum is effectively on my skin for a longer time. 

The serum (30ml) comes in a dark glass bottle with a dropper. The first thing I noticed about Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is that it has a strong smoky scent. I would say it reminds me of smoky wood. Been using it daily for over three months, and there is no noticeable skin improvements. The serum does has a slight tacky feeling upon application, and it takes a while for the product to be fully absorbed into the skin. After using Skinceuticals C E Ferulic, my skin has been more sensitive to some products. So, I avoid using any facial polish or scrub that contains AHAS and BHAs. 

Overall, I would not repurchase this serum because it is too expensive and does not show significant results. It does not brighten my skin tone.  Moreover, the texture of the serum is rather sticky. Vitamin E might be detrimental for those with acne-prone skin as it can clog the pores. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog.

    Also, I recommend you check out the Beautylux. They review the scientific efficacy of different skincare and makeup products. The Vitamin C Serum is best for skin but it does what moisturizers can’t do. It pulls the moisture from the air and keeps your pores open unlike moisturizers that cover your pores to keep the moisture you have on your skin already there. It’s oil free so it will not cause breakouts.

    ReplyDelete