Tuesday 23 August 2016

REVIEW: Guerisson 9 Complex Cream


Guerisson 9 Complex Cream
~MG~
I heard about this product from on Get It Beauty. She was raving on how excellent it is. And I did not know much about horse oil being used in skincare product before coming across this cream. I bought it in Seoul on May 2015 from Olive Young for about 25,000KRW. I was hesitating whether I should buy it because I was kind of scared that it would be too oily for my combination oily skin since it is made out of oil after all! I was with my friend at that moment and he was telling me that horse oil is known for its great moisturizing power. He said that the Mongolians during their harsh winter actually use horse oil to protect their faces! After hearing so, I got more interested into the product and decided to try the tester. After applying some of the product, the moisturization and scent had won me over! The texture is thick but as you blend it out and tap tap on your face, it sinks into your skin. FYI, I have very dry hand and my hand felt so soft and moisturized when I tested it on my hands. This cream has a fresh citrusy, which I love! Just thinking of the scent makes getting ready for bed something to look forward to. They provide a spatula along with the product, which is a bonus!
What is left of the cream 
The light texture of the cream

 Since I have combination oily skin, I only use this product at night before my facial oil. I prefer to use a thicker and more moisturizing cream at night to protect my face from the dry air from the air-con. I went to Seoul this past March for a week and the day that I arrived, the weather suddenly became very cold and windy! On some days, it even went before zero degree! Even though this cream, I originally used as a night cream because of its thicker texture and more moisturizing property, I had to use this product both day and night when in korea. Even so, it wasn’t enough for my face to be comfortably moisturized because I remembered waking up one morning with my neck having eczema. I used to have eczema on my neck when I came back and forth between the U.S. and Singapore but it has been a few years since I last had it. I didn’t want history to repeat itself because I remember how itchy, flaky, red and dry my neck was! So after applying the horse oil cream, I still had to apply a thin layer of my trusty Elizabeth Arden’s Eight-hour cream because the Korean winter was that harsh! 

This tub took me about 6 months to finish up. I would recommend oily skin people and those living in hot and humid climate to only use this product at night. For others, you may use both day and night. Although for dry skin people in hot and humid climate, you may want to try out with a thinner layer first in the daytime, just in case it would be too much and oily for under the sun. I would repurchase this product but maybe not now, I still have 2 night moisturizers in my back-up stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment