Wednesday 14 October 2015

REVIEW: Musee Platinum Tokyo Hair Removal Treatment

~AG~

This is a long overdue review of Musee Platinum Tokyo S.S.C Hair Removal Treatment. Bought a Groupon for their unlimited Underarm hair removal treatment inclusive of a $100 voucher. It costs me $98, with a value of $1,138. But now Musee Platinum is offering much lower prices for unlimited hair removal. Their current promo price is $38 for unlimited underarm and bikini line hair removal. So much cheaper than what I paid two years ago! Anyway, back on topic.
The reason why I chose underarm hair removal is because my underarm hairs were fast-growers. I had to shave every other day to keep my underarm are fuzz-free. It was such a hassle especially when you are travelling. The frequent shaving of my underarm hairs resulted in it getting dark. An unsightly thing. Actually, I had read about Musee Platinum on a Singapore magazine (either Cleo or Her World) before bravely buying a Groupon for it. I do not recommend buying beauty services from Groupon since some establishments listed on their website are not credible.
My first treatment session was on April 2013. It has been two years since I regularly go for the underarm treatment. For the first twelve sessions, you would have to go for the hair removal treatment every two months. Subsequently, you would only have to go for the hair removal treatment every three months.
So what can I say about Musee Platinum Hair Removal Treatment
Q: How is the treatment like?
A: For the underarm area, it takes 15 minutes at the most. The beauty therapist cleans the underarm area, then she uses an electric shaver to shave the area. After cleaning the area again, the beauty therapist will put a cold gel on the treatment area. Then the "laser" treatment will start. It takes about 3 shots of laser for one side of the underarm area. While the laser is being shot, your eyes are covered by a piece of paper towel and a protective glasses. After removing the cold gel, the beauty therapist will put a cold pack on for about three minutes to relieve the treatment area. Lastly, the beauty therapist will apply Musee's own moisturizing cream to soothe the area.


Q:Was the treatment pain-free?
A: The first few treatment sessions were more painful since my hair strands were thick. It stings like a rubber snapping. I have a low threshold of pain, and I would say the overall treatment process is tolerable. Since it is quick (takes about 10-15 minutes for the whole process for both underarms), it makes it so much easier. Now, the treatment process is rather pain-free. I can fall asleep while the beauty therapist is doing the treatment.

Q: When did you see results?
A: After the third sessions (after 5 months), I noticed that my underarm hair was becoming lesser. Also, the hair strands were getting more fine. Now, I do not have to shave my underarms at all! Yay!

Q: Any other tips?
A: The beauty therapists do not recommend that you shave your underarm between sessions. They recommend that you cut your underarm hairs with scissors. According to them, shaving your underarm stimulates hair growth, which is counterintuitive to the hair removal treatment. This was very difficult for me to adjust to at first.  

Q: Anything that you do not like about the service at Musee?
A: It very difficult to re-schedule an appointment at Musee. The Plaza Singapura branch that I go to is always crowded. Sometimes, I have a week or two later to get an appointment slot. 

Another thing that concerns me is the use of electrical shaver at Musee. Even though they clean the electrical shaver after use, I still find it not as unhygienic as using a disposable shaver. Also, the electric shaver that they use feels harsh on my skin. 

Please check out the Musee Platinum website for more details on their hair removal treatment.
Musee Platinum S.S.C Hair Removal Treatment

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this marvellous knowledge about Hair Removal. If you are looking for Ipl Hair Removal Singapore in Singapore by professional doctors and at exciting prices, then you must visit Healthsprings Aesthetics. They offer professional hair removal services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete