Saturday 17 October 2015

REVIEW: innisfree second skin mask anti-trouble

innisfree second skin mask anti-trouble
~AG~

This sheet mask was gifted to me by my Korean friend, a year ago. But now I finally have the opportunity to give try it. On the package, it says, 'This perfectly adhesive mask contains propolis which deeply penetrated into your skin to intensively ease and soothe red, troubled skin, creating a clear complexion."According to innisfree world, this sheet mask is made up of fermented soybean sheet. It also claims to cool down the skin by 5℃. The bio-cellulose sheet mask adheres well to the face. The propolis content is supposed to soothe skin troubles. Innisfree world is retailing it at SS7.21 per sheet mask. Check out innisfree official shopping site for more details: innisfree second skin mask anti-trouble

This sheet mask is different that regular sheet mask because it does not feel like paper. The serum is also rather gel-like instead of the usual liquid consistency. The feel of the sheet mask is thicker than that of My Beauty Diary Mask or The Face Shop Mask. Since this bio-cellulose mask is delicate, it is protected between two mesh sheets. You remove one side of the mesh sheets then apply the sheet mask on your face, before removing the top mesh sheet. If I had not read the instructions online, I would have applied the mesh sheet thinking it was the sheet mask. Haha! It would have been strange. 

My skin felt tingly when this sheet mask was on. The tingly sensation was quite obvious. I wanted to remove the sheet mask because of the tingly feeling. I thought it was because my skin was having an adverse reaction to the mask. Fortunately, after use, there were no visible bumps or redness on my face. Even the next morning, my skin did not have any allergic reaction it this sheet mask. 

The sheet mask does not fully cover my forehead
 
After I remove the sheet mask, I found that the serum does not penetrate easily into my skin. Even after massaging the serum in, it took a while for it to be fully absorbed. My skin does not feel as hydrated after the use of this mask. But I did notice that my skin felt cooler to touch. My T-zone was experiencing some pimples and this sheet mask did help calm it down. Even though my pimples did not disappear overnight, it became less red after application of the mask.

Overall, I would not recommend this innisfree second mask anti-trouble. I prefer a sheet mask that hydrates and softens my skin. This sheet mask might work well for when my skin is sun-burnt, as it is effective in cooling it down. But the high price tag will make me think twice before repurchasing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment