Monday 28 September 2015

DRX Clinic Journey Part 5 (Week 20)

~AG~

Here is my updated skincare regimen:
1) Milk Cleanser: used only at night to remove sunscreen
2) Cleanser: use day and night
3) Toner: apply with a cotton pad, use day and night
4) Comodone Formula: use day and night, apply only on T-zones
5) Blemish Formula: use day and night, apply only on pimples or areas with blackheads
6) Alpha-Beta Gel: use day and night, apply only on the T-zones
7) Max-C: use day and night, all over my face
8) Laneige Water Bank Essence: used day and night, all over my face
9) Acne Spot Lotion (ASL): only use when necessary
10) Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30+: only in the morning

It has been over three weeks since an additional product, Alpha-Beta Gel, has been added to my skincare regimen. As mentioned before, I am still taking spironolactone but no longer taking doxycycline (antibiotics). Dr. Tsu said to take spironolactone for a longer period to be able to see its effects. In actuality, I should have seen results within six weeks. But I think my skin is being stubborn. *argghhh* Misbehaving skin, please cooperate with the acne treatment.

You can see some pimples on my forehead and on my brow area

Some pimple scars on my chin

So, have I seen any changes with my skin?
1) Alpha-Beta Gel did not cause any peeling or redness on my sensitive skin, even though I apply it twice a day. After using Alpha-Beta Gel for a few days, I notices one or two whitehead pimples emerging on my T-zones. Dr. Tsu's assistant instructed me to put the Alpha-Beta Gel only on the T-zones. The pimples might be triggered due to the peeling effects of the Alpha-Beta Gel. Since the peeling effect is trying to get rid of the dead cells and built-up, the pimples might be the consequences of trapped impurities.
2) Even with the daily consumption of spironolactone, my skin still suffers from breakouts during that time of the month. I thought spironolactone will help with my monthly battle with pimples.
3) My T-zones still suffer from breakouts, though, not as much as when I first saw Dr. Tsu in May. I see about two or three pimples appearing every two weeks or so.  
4) The skincare regimen does not do much for pimple scars. Those pigmented scars are still evident with the use of Max-C and Alpha-Beta Gel. This is something I need to ask Dr. Tsu on my next visit.

I am at wits end on what to do next. Overall, I am not satisfied with the results of the Derma-RX skincare products. Even with more skincare products than my usual skincare routine, my skin has not improved significantly. Especially since the Derma-RX is costlier than my typical skincare products, it did not meet my expectations. It has been almost four months since I religiously apply the Derma-RX products day and night.

I will have to ask Dr.Tsu during the next appointment on what else can we do to improve my skin conditions. Last visit, he did asked whether I was interested in taking Accutane, but I said I was not. Now, I am wondering whether I should try it out. What do you all think? Have any of you taken Accutane? How was it for you? Please let me know.





5 comments:

  1. Hi will you be selling the acne spot lotion?i would like to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi will you be selling the acne spot lotion?i would like to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sandy:
      Helllo Sandy! The acne spot lotion is only available at DRX Clinic. You need to see a doctor and get a prescription for it. Please check out their Facebook page for more info. https://www.facebook.com/TheDRxClinic

      Delete
  3. Hi. Just wondering how much did you spent for having treatment at drx clinic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Yxntian: Hello, I spent about $1,000+ for the 5 visits to DRX Clinic. That amount includes the oral medication and skincare products. The skincare products such as Comodone Formula, Blemish Formula, Max C and Acne Spot Lotion lasts me for about 5-6 months. So it is quite worth it!

      Delete