Wednesday 30 September 2015

REVIEW: Philips MoistureProtect Straightener HP8372/03

~AG~

This hair straightener is not a hair care tool that I use everyday. Instead, I use this hair straightener to try to tame my frizzy and wavy hair on special occasions. Unlike my hairstyling habit in the US, I find it too time-consuming to straighten my hair daily in Singapore's humid climate. In total, I have used this hair straightener less than 10 times. So what do I like about it?

Philips MoistureProtect Straightener 

 The rose gold plates and interior

The colouring of the hair straightener is very girly. Instead of the usual black hair straightener, the outside of this Philips MoistureProtect Straighener is a pearl white, while the inside is a rose gold shade. It comes with three temperature setting. (150, 175 and 200 degrees Celsius). For my wavy and frizzy hair, I mostly use 175 degrees Celsius. This temperature is just right for my hair. But on days when my hair is especially unruly, I set it to 200 degrees Celsius. Even at that temperature, it is not too harsh for my dry and damaged-pone hair. Philips MoistureProtect technology prevents the plates from overheating. Also, there is a display for the temperature. The hair straightener heats up quickly. There is no need to wait around. Philips claims that it can heat up in just 15 seconds, and I can attest to that claim. Another thing that I like about this hair straightener is its lock option. It makes it so much more handy to travel with. I do not have to wait for the hair straightener to cool down before placing it in the pouch.

In lock position
From Left to Right: The Temperature setting, Ionic setting and Power On/Off Button

This hair straightener does straighten my unruly wavy hair. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to do my whole bed of hair. To be honest, this hair straightener does not make my hair silky smooth. My unruly hair still get frizzy mid-day even after straightening it. Another thing that I like to be improved on this hair straightener is the temperature setting button. On several occasions while straightening my hair, I accidentally changed the temperature setting without realizing it. The position of the temperature setting button makes it prone to be accidentally pressed on.

I bought MoistureProtect Straightener at Harvey Norman for $119. It is a rather expensive hair care tool but it is a useful to have especially if you do not have straight hair. Though, I have to say that I prefer my GHD Classic Styler. This Philips MoistureProtect Straightener needs to improve on its frizz-fighting capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment