Monday 21 September 2015

REVIEW: Derma-RX Toner

New improved packaging

With 150ml of toner
~AG~

The new packaging comes with 150 ml of toner compared to 170ml for the older version. The price stays the same at S$40 (excluding GST). When I bought it last week, DRX clinic was having a 10% off promotion, so it ended up being only S$36. The promotion is only till the end of September. With that being said, the new version is more pricy if you compare the price per ml. 
The new packaging is slimmer and longer. It has a twist cap instead of the press down cap, which should make it less prone to spillage during travel. With the older packaging, I experienced some mishap when traveling with it for the first time. The press-down cap would accidentally open and the toner will be spilled all over. Almost 1/3 of my toner was wasted that way. 


The older packaging not the left, and the new packaging on the right

The formula of the toner is the same. I do like this toner. It is infused with AHAs (glycolic acid, malic acid and lactic acid) and botanical antioxidant to gently exfoliate and maintain skin pH balance. Best of all, it does not leave my combination feeling dry. My sensitive skin also did not have any adverse reaction to it. 

Before using this product, I used to think that toner is an unnecessary product to have. But now I am convinced that my combination skin has become more balanced by the use of this toner. This alcohol-free toner preps my skin for the next steps of my skincare regimen. It allows products to be more easily absorbed. It also helps remove the excess impurities that persists after facial cleansing. Even though, I double cleanse my face every night, I still see residues on my cotton pad after going through my face with this toner. The AHAs content is gently formulated to exfoliate my sensitive without any peeling. *two thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment