Tuesday 13 December 2016

REVIEW: Skin Inc. My Daily Dose Custom-Blended Serum



My limited edition Daily Dose in Serenity packaging 
~AG~

This custom-blended serum from Skin Inc. has been part of my skincare regimen for about two weeks now. My Daily Dose contains three different types of serum:
  1. Vitamin A Serum for uneven skin tone and dark circles. This serum combats skin dullness and sign of tiredness around the eyes. It comes with a patented pink seaweed capsules.Pink seaweed capsules
  2. Licorice Serum to calm sensitive and irritated skin and pimples. Licorice Serum contains Green Tea Extracts that calm the skin and has antioxidant properties. It comes with patented purple seaweed capsule. Purple seaweed capsules
  3. Ceramide Serum solves roughness, dry and skin sensitivity. Ceramide Serum features four different types of Ceramides that strengthen the skin barrier and soothe dehydrated and sensitized skin. It comes with patented turquoise seaweed capsule. Green seaweed capsules
I was most excited to use this serum because it could solve all skincare woes. My skin is prone to pimples especially around the T-zone areas. Also, my severe dark circles have been a constant concern. On top of that, my skin is ultra sensitive and tend to react negatively to certain skin care products. According to the saleslady, the serums from Skin Inc. are water-based, and thus it is safe to use for my under eye areas.  The pure active ingredient is contained in the different colored seaweed capsules. 

So what are my thoughts on this S$169 customized serum?
From my experience, there should be more capsules included in the serum. If you look at the serum, you would think that there is plenty of capsules. However, when you use the dropper, there are times when there are no capsules in each drop. You are supposed to use 3 drops of the serum for your entire face. Often times, one out of the three drops does not contain any capsules. Then, I would have to add in another drop - using more serum that recommended. Since the capsules are the ones containing the active ingredients target skin issues. 

I would not repurchase this Skin Inc. My Daily Dose Custom-Blended Serum because different skin areas have different issues. For example, Vitamin A serum was supposed to be for dark circles but it ended up . However, because the seaweed capsules have been mixed, I cannot target the pink seaweed capsules solely for my under eyes area. The same can be said for the Licorice serum which was supposed to be only for my acne-prone areas such as forehead, nose and chin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment