Sunday 15 March 2015

REVIEW: NUA Singapore Facial Treatment

~AG~

In my previous post, I mentioned that I was going for a facial and eye treatment at NUA Singapore. So what are my thoughts on the treatment and service there?

NUA Singapore is located on the second floor of a row of shop houses at Tanjong Pagar. I was kinda lost when looking for the place because the map on my phone showed it located as opposite from Maxwell Road Food Center. Though, it is located on the opposite side of the Fairfield Methodist Church. NUA Singapore occupies a small area but it designed well to maximize the space. The place does not feel tight at all. The design is minimal Zen. The place was very clean and well maintained.


The treatment room

The waiting area. Some products on display.


First, the beauty therapist, Shiori had me fill up a form to record my information and medical or allergy concerns. She then asked me what my skin concerns were. I told her that small pimples and blackheads have been appearing on my forehead and nose area after my trip to China. 

Small pimples on my forehead

Small pimples and blackheads on my nose

Redness on my T-zone area especially between my eyebrows and nose area

Shiori then led me to the treatment room and told me to change to a sarong for treatment. After carefully examining my skin, she said that she will do a deep cleansing treatment on my skin today. 
Customized facial treatment steps:
  1. Cleansing. Shiori asked whether I had foundation on, and I told her that I only had sunscreen. She gently cleansed my face with cleansing oil. Then she wiped off the cleansing oil with a wet sponge.
  2. Peeling Gel. Shiori applied a gentle peeling gel all over my face to exfoliate the skin. The peeling gel had a citrus scent. My skin had a slight tingly sensation after application but not uncomfortable.
  3. Clay Cleanser. Shiori applied clay cleanser on my nose and forehead, massaging it in. My t-zone especially my nose area tends to get congested. During this time, she passed on one of many beauty advices during that session. She recommended that I use clay cleanser on my t-zone once or twice a week to remove the impurities in my pores. 
  4. Extraction. My most dreaded part of a facial treatment. I have VERY low pain tolerance level, so I was a little tensed during this part. She re-assured me that the extraction would not be painful. Apparently, the facial therapists in Japan do not perform painful blackhead extraction. A funny thing she mentioned, a professional facial therapist's extraction process should not be painful since that person should be competently trained. This is so RIGHT! I wish the facial therapists in Singapore learn the Japanese beauty therapists way. Even though not all my blackheads were removed, I still saw a few blackheads after the treatment. I much prefer this less invasive blackhead removed. 
  5. Clay Mask. This mask had an herbal scent. She applied it on the extraction area to help soothe the skin after the process as it has some antibacterial properties.
  6. Acne gel. Shiori applied an acne gel to my pimples.
  7. Vitamin E Gel + Radio frequency machine. Shire applied a Vitamin E gel that had a rose scent. She added that this gel has rose oil that has good moisturising properties. Then she went over my face area with the radio frequency machine. It was basically a metal head that emits waves. During this process, you do not feel anything except the cooling sensation of the metal head of the device
  8. Serum + Eye Cream. Lastly, she warmed up a serum on her hands and patted it gently all over my face. She also applied eye cream to finish it up. 

During the treatment process, she asked about my skincare regimen and the specific products I used.
Here are some skincare advices that I received from her: 

Bad Boy, Pore Packs!
While talking about blackheads, I told her that I try to remove them with pore packs, and she replied that pore packs are actually NOT good for your blackheads in the long run. Pore packs open up the pores, and allows more dirt to penetrate into the pores. Same to peel-off masks. Shiori advised that I should stay all from these products.

Protect Against the Sun
Another advice from her is to use good quality sunscreen of at least SPF 40 that provides broad-spectrum protection. She added that you can save on cleanser and toner but it is important to invest in quality sunscreen because it stays on your skin all day.

Going All Natural~
One thing that I like about Shiori is that she emphasizes the use of paraben-free, mineral oil free, products that do not contain artificial colors of fragrances. I shared my experience of having ultra sensitive skin and my discovery of more natural skincare products.

The BEST thing about the facial treatment was that I absolutely had NO downtime. My face was not red after the treatment. Furthermore, my skin condition did not worsen after the facial treatment which happens sometimes. The products used by NUA are all dermatologists-approved/certified. My ultra sensitive skin did not have any adverse reaction to it. Another thing that I have to praise about Shiori is that the blackhead extraction was not painful. The torturous blackhead extraction that kept me away from facials does not exist at NUA Singapore. 


My skin looks fresh and radiant after the facial


You can see that there is no redness after the treatment

Do note that in my previous post, I had mentioned that I had bought Mob Shop voucher for facial & eye treatment. Turns out, there is some discrepancy between iMob Shop website and NUA Singapore. 








https://www.imobshop.sg/wellness/beauty-services/25-off-nua-signature-customised-facial

During the end of the treatment, I asked Shiori whether she had done the micro eye treatment. She was a little bit confused and I further explained that the voucher I bought was for facial & eye treatment.  However, Shiori said the voucher is only for a customized facial treatment. Anyway, she explained that she used the more premium facial products for my treatment, and that it was not feasible for her to provide the micro eye treatment at such discounted priced. I decided to drop this issue, since she has been nice throughout the whole treatment and I might come back here for facial in the future. The actual price of the customised facial is $135. So $77 for it is still a steal. 

I WILL definitely come back here for a facial treatment!! AG approved!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Agent G! Please feel free to publish the content of my review on the Beauty Undercover website. I am a big fan of your website :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AG! :D
    Love how detailed and honest your review is!

    Drop us an email sometime at admin@beautyundercover.sg :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE OFFER LOAN FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR EVERYONE APPLY NOW
    Do you need a Loan?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
    I think you have come to the right place.
    We offer Loans at low interest rate.
    Interested people should please contact us on
    For immediate response to your application, Kindly
    reply to this emails below only.
    Whats app +918256953815
    firstfinance000@gmail.com
    Please, do provide us with the Following information if interested.

    1) Full Name:………
    2) Gender:………
    3) Loan Amount Needed:………
    4) Loan Duration:………
    5) Country:………
    6) Home Address:………
    7) Mobile Number:………
    8)Monthly Income:…………………
    9)Occupation:………………………
    )Which site did you here about us…………………

    Thanks and Best Regards.
    firstfinance000@gmail.com
    +918256953815

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUSINESS LOAN PERSONAL LOAN HERE APPLY NOW WhatsApp +918929509036 financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Dr. James Eric

    ReplyDelete