Sunday 29 March 2015

REVIEW: Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Revitalising Gel-Lotion





























~AG~
Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Revitalising Gel-Lotion has been my daily moisturizer for over a month now. http://beautyloverssisters.blogspot.sg/2015/02/new-buy-jurlique-rose-moisture-plus.html
So what can I say about it?

Jurlique claims this gel-lotion will "protect again environmental aggressors while hydrating and softening skin." It contains these ingredients:
  • Silver Ear Mushroom Extract which is nature's hyaluronic acid (water-binding agent) can hold up to water 500 times its weight. It keeps skin hydrated.
  • Green Tea Leaf Extract that contains antioxidant properties to protect the skin
  • Tumeric Root Extract that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to protect skin from environmental radicals.
  • Rose Gallical Extract that balances the skin and restore its hydration.
It has a distinct rose scent. My mother, who loves anything rose scented, could smell it the first time I used it. The scent is pleasant and not too overwhelming.

The texture of the gel-lotion is light and watery. It does not feel sticky at all, which is great for Singapore's humid weather. The gel-lotion is absorbed easily on the skin. My ultra sensitive skin did not have adverse reaction to this gel-lotion. It kept my skin well hydrated and soft.

The only downside with this moisturizer is that it does not mix well with my sunscreen. It causes my sunscreen to lump together and create flakes. A huge no-no. There were several ways in which I tried to prevent the flaking. First, I allowed the moisturizer to absorb for 10 minutes before applying the sunscreen, but the flaking still happened. Secondly, I exfoliated my skin with Kate Somerville ExfoliKate the night before application. But the Jurlique Gel-Lotion and SunPlay sunscreen still did not go on well together, and there were flakes.

I do not want to play favourites but SunPlay sunscreen ranks higher on my books. I am SO disappointed that Jurlique Gel-Lotion did not work well with my affordable SunPlay sunscreen. The gel-lotion is one of the more expensive moisturisers that I have tried at US$47. I will not re-purchase this moisturizer because it is too expensive and does not blend well with my sunscreen. There are more affordable moisturizers that keep my skin as soft and hydrated such as REN Vita Mineral Moisturizing Cream. Click link for my review of REN Moisturizing Cream. http://beautyloverssisters.blogspot.sg/2014/12/review-ren-clean-skincare-vita-mineral.html

No comments:

Post a Comment