Thursday 12 March 2015

Expert Night Care Advice by Dr. Hauschka

~AG~
 
While browsing through Dr .Hauschka website, I stumbled upon their "Expert Advice" section. Dr. Hauschka Skin Care does NOT recommend night creams or oil-based moisturizers at night. Yes, you read it right. This is the first time I am hearing such beauty advice. As my curiosity arose, I clicked on the link:  Dr Hauschka Night Care

Dr. Hauschka

This is an excerpt from Dr. Hauschka Skin Care website:

Moisturizers are what your skin needs during the day. During the day, our skin benefits from the care of waxes and oils, which protect skin from the elements as we're out and about living our lives. Plus, our moisturizers support your skin's natural processes to balance, firm, renew and refine your skin.
At night, the opposite is true—moisturizers are not needed. Once the sun sets, your skin is biologically programmed to perform its natural night-time functions of self-cleansing, balancing oil production and cellular renewal. However, if you apply oil-based moisturizing products like night creams, they can interfere with these essential tasks.
Oil-based night creams & lotions signal your skin to "take the night off." These products then take over the work your skin would naturally do. If this occurs night after night, your skin becomes "lazy" and learns to depend upon these products to perform its nighttime functions and feel balanced.

WOW! This is amazing. I never thought of that before. It does makes sense. When you sleep at night, your body and skin repairs itself. So, if you are letting your heavy-duty moisturizers do the job. Your skin becomes "out of job" of its natural repairing process. Sometimes when I am lazy, I skip the moisturizer step at night, and feel guilty about it. But now, I don't have to feel bad about skipping the moisturizer at night. All I need on my face at night is a lightweight serum, a good eye cream and spot treatment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment