Sunday 12 April 2020

REVIEW: Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask

Photo credit: Peter Thomas Roth
~AG~

The skin around my nose area has been clogged and full of blackheads. So it is time for me to address these problems with a mud mask. Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask was part of a 6-piece kit that I purchased. Since it was part of the Peter Thomas Roth Mask Kit, this tub only costs me US$12.50 (S$17), which is a great deal. Each 50 ml tub usually retails for US$42 (S$57). That saves me S$40! This tub should lasts me for more than 6 months with weekly use. 

PTR Mud Mask purify, decongest and hydrate the skin. It contains:
  • Irish Moor Mud Mask to draw out impurities 
  • Hijiki Seaweed provides nutrition for the skin
  • Volcanic Ash & Activated Charcoal that draw out dirt and impurities 
The texture of this Peter Thomas Roth Mud Mask is different than that of other mud mask. It has a soft cream texture. You are supposed to leave it on for 10 minutes then remove it with a warm, damp washcloth. Though, my preferred method of removal is simply with warm water. One thing that I like about this mud mask is that it does not make my skin to feel dry. On the directions, it states that you can use it 2-3 times a week. 

So what I can tell after using this PTR Mud Mask is that it does extract impurities. Each time after use I would get a small whitehead pimple. I feel that the PTR Mud Mask brings the excess grime and dirt to the surface and the skin is trying to remove it through the whitehead pimple. This cause-and-effect does not stop me from using PTR Mud Mask. Regarding blackheads, PTR Mud Mask does not completely remove it, but my skin feels less congested after use. 

Overall, it is a decent mud mask for my sensitive, combination skin. I much prefer it to the expensive Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment Though I would probably not repurchase it as there are other mud masks to try on the market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment