Tuesday 27 October 2015

DRX Clinic Journey Part 6 (5 Months After)


~AG~
My follow-up visit with Dr. Tsu was two weeks ago. Finally, found the time to write an update about it. So what did Dr.Tsu had to say about my skin condition?
Firstly, he said my skin condition has improved. Yay! Somehow I felt that it has too. My mother and boyfriend also commented that my skin looks much better now. Worth every extra minute spent on the skincare regimen, and every dollar spent on the Derma-RX products. It has been about 5 months since I started on the Derma-RX skincare regimen. Some topics that we discussed during the visit:

WHITEHEADS
There are still white bumps on my forehead. But Dr. Tsu explained that they are not pimples but whiteheads (clogged pores). He recommended me to continue applying the Comodone Formula and Blemish Formula on the trapped whiteheads.  

ACNE SCARS
There are some acne scars on my chin. Dr. Tsu mentioned that the scars will take some time to fade away. He said that if I am really concerned about the scarring, I could do some laser treatment.

MEDICATION
He continued to prescribe me the spironolactone for another 45 days. My next appointment with him is in mid-November. Because I had told him that I still suffer from large pimples during the time of the month, he advised me to continue with the medicine to see its effects. I have been on spironolactone since mid-July, it has been three months of continued consumption.

EFFECTS OF EVENING PRIMOSE OIL
Before my appointment with Dr. Tsu, a question appeared to me. I wondered whether the consumption of Evening Primose Oil (EPO) supplement triggered my acne outbreak in April-May. I was taking EPO daily to combat my severe PMS symptoms. Dr. Tsu mentioned that EPO might cause breakouts as it affects hormones. He told me not to start on EPO just yet, as my skin is just "recovering".

"BACTERIA FOOD"
Sugar + Diary Products = Food for Skin Bacteria. Both these two bacteria "food" are my weaknesses. So for those that are suffering breakouts, you might want to cut down on these two ingredients. Yes, it is super difficult. But your skin will thank you for it.
========================================================================
Overall, I trust Dr. Tsu. He is very easy to talk to, and takes the time to patiently answer all my detailed questions. Regarding the Derma-RX products, there are some hits and misses. I will say some Derma-RX products will not be repurchased such as the Milk Cleanser, Foaming Cleanser, Hydrator, Alpha Beta Gel and Sunscreen. FYI, the tinted sunscreen I am using now is the old formula. They now have a new and improved formula.
From Left to Right: Milk Cleanser, Toner, Comedone Formula, Acne Spot Solution, Blemish Formula, Alpha Beta Gel, Max-C and Tinted Sunscreen

Here are the Derma-RX products that I like the most are, according to their ranking:
1) Max-C - LOVE LOVE this serum. My skin feels instantly firm after use.
2) Toner - Found a newfound love for toner because of this product. It keeps my skin fresh and balanced
3) Blemish Formula - This gentle formula works to tackle pimples and whiteheads
4) Comedone Formula - Keeps my oil glands under control, and helps with pore control
5) Acne Spot Solution - Reduces my red/whitehead pimples

No comments:

Post a Comment