Saturday 13 August 2016

REVIEW: Bifesta Acne Care Cleansing Lotion

300 ml of product
~AG~

Bought the Bifesta Acne Care Cleansing Lotion when it was on offer a few months ago. NEW BUY: Bifesta Acne Care Cleansing Lotion. Finally done with my bottle of Bioderma Sebium H20 and now on to this Cleansing Lotion. Bifesta Cleansing Lotion is popular in Asia because of the wide range available for different skin types. This Bifesta Cleansing Lotion is targeted for those with acne-prone skin. As mentioned in my previous post, Bifesta Cleansing Lotion is much more affordable than the Bioderma H20:
Bioderma Sebium H20 (250 ml) = S$26.90        --> $0.11/ml
Bifesta Cleansing Lotion (300ml) = S$16.90      --> $0.06/mL  
** Bifesta Cleansing Lotion is almost half the cost of Bioderma Sebium H20.

The big question is, will Bifesta Cleansing Lotion replace my HG Bioderma Sebium H20?

My thoughts on Bifesta Acne Care Cleansing Lotion. Since Bifesta Acne Care Cleansing Lotion is designed for acne-prone skin, it contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial ingredients. It also contains absorbent hyaluronic acid that will improve skin's moisture retention, and leads to brighter and more supple skin. This Cleansing Lotion is also Hypoallergenic formulated, Allergy tested, Colorant-free, Fragrance-free, Paraben-free and Alcohol-free. Sounds perfect for a person with sensitive skin like me! After a few bad experiences with Japanese beauty products, I was hesitant to try another Japanese skincare products. 
Lock cap to prevent spillage 
The pump packaging makes it convenient to use. Though this pump packaging also results in the cleansing lotion being squirted everywhere. The pump dispense too much cleansing lotion for one cotton pad. The bulky packaging is not great for traveling, even though it has a lock cap to prevent spillage. After application of Bifesta Acne Care Cleansing Lotion, there is a slight sticky residue if you do not wash off your face immediately. With Bioderma Sebium H20, I did not notice any sticky feeling after use. With Bifesta Cleansing Lotion, it takes about 3 cotton pads to remove my sunscreen thoroughly. With Bioderma H20 Sebium, I typically only need 2 cotton pads. My sensitive combination skin initially did not have any adverse reaction to Bifesta Acne Care Cleansing Lotion. The first week that I used it, my skin did not have any allergic reactions to it. However, during the second week, I noticed small bumps appearing on my forehead and cheeks. I kept using it for a third week, and there were more bumps. Right then, I decided to discontinue using it. I was SO disappointed with this product!! Some ingredient in this Cleansing Lotion must have triggered an adverse reaction on my skin. After three weeks of daily use, there was no noticeable difference with preventing or treating of acne.

In my case, Bifesta Cleansing Lotion does not work as a good alternative to Bioderma. For those with ultra sensitive skin, I highly recommend Bioderma H20 Sensibio or Sebium instead. The affordable price tag is definitely the only Pro about this product. Sorry Bifesta Cleansing Lotion, you are out of my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment