Tuesday 24 April 2018

REVIEW: Darphin Hydraskin Light Gel Cream

 Darphin Hydraskin Light Cream Gel
~AG~

Bought this gel cream on my honeymoon in Paris. Darphin Hydraskin Light Gel Cream was recommended by the lady pharmacist. I had asked her for a good moisturizer for combination skin.
On the packaging, it mentions that "this all-day skin-hydrating cream gel is designed for normal to combination skin." This gel cream has Hydra-Structure Technology, a high performing hydrating complex of powerful ingredients such as Butterfly Lavender and Salicornia Herbacea that wakens the skin's moisture mechanism. It helps defend skin's moisture reservoir. 
 
Darphin Hydraskin Light Gel Cream comes in a 30 ml and 50 ml packaging. The 50 ml retails for US$62 (S$82). The 50 ml packaging will lasts me for 3-4 months. It is one of the most expensive moisturizers that I have ever bought. The glass packaging is rather heavy and not the most convenient for traveling. Since it comes in a tub packaging, you have to dip your finger into the product. In terms of hygiene, the tub packaging is not ideal. I prefer pump packaging or squeezable packaging for my skincare product. Though the tub packaging allows for no product to be wasted.
The light green gel cream

It has a thicker texture than Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre. The consistency of Darphin Hydraskin Light is more creamy and emollient. The scent of Darphin Gel Cream is stronger than that of Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre. It has a pleasant refreshing scent. This moisturizer will be great for those with dry-normal skin type. Darphin Hydraskin Cream works well for my skin especially when I am traveling to drier climates. My skin feels hydrated and comfortable after application. Though, it is too emollient for those with oily-combination skin types. 

For those living in humid countries such as Singapore, this cream might be too heavy for your liking. My skin does feel a bit tacky after application, it takes a while (5-10 minutes) for the cream to be fully absorbed. Overall, it is a good moisturizer but I would not repurchase because of the exorbitant price. I would instead use that money to purchase 3 bottles of Embryolise Lait Creme Concentre.

No comments:

Post a Comment