Monday 24 September 2018

REVIEW: Avène Cleanance Mask



~AG~

Bought this Avène Cleanance Mask (S$30) in Italy and finally got around to using it. This is the third product from the Cleanance range, which is designed for oily and blemish-prone skin. Avène Cleanance Mask is a 3-in-1 clay mask that exfoliate, deep cleanse and absorb excess oil.

This scrub/mask is designed for oily, blemish-prone skin. It contains AHA (Glycolic & Lactic Acid) and BHA (Salicylic Acid) that unblock pores and helps skin blemishes. Monolaurin targets the acne bacteria which produces excess lipid, thus regulating sebum. Kaolin clay also absorbs sebum and mattify the skin. Of course, it also contains the signature Avène Thermal Spring Water that has soothing properties.

This mask comes with 50 ml of product which will lasts me a long time if I use it weekly. The texture of this Avène Cleanance Mask does not resemble those of traditional clay mask. It does not have a dry clay texture, and rather has a cream texture. This mask contains gentle microbeads. The first time I used this Avène Cleanance Mask, my skin felt okay. However, the second time I applied it on my face, there was stinging sensation. Perhaps it is because my skin has become more sensitive due to the Vitamin C Serum that I have been using. Subsequent uses also resulted in burning sensation on my skin. 

Overall, Avène Cleanance Mask is an okay product but I would not re-purchase it. This mask seems to not work well for my sensitive skin type. There was no noticeable difference on my blackheads and skin texture as a result of the using Avène Cleanance Mask. This is one product from the Avène Cleanance range that you can skip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment