Friday 23 February 2018

REVIEW: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum

 ~MG~

Ever since my university days in the US, I have been wanting to try this Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. It is one of the most best-selling serums in Sephora. However, I never bought it because of the price US$79 (S$105).

So after more than 7 years, I finally bought this serum last July in a pharmacy in Switzerland. My skin is prone to acne which will leave me with dark scars. That is why I am constantly on a hunt for the best brightening serum to combat the dark spots and uneven skin tone.
This product is 0% parabens, phenoxyethanol, phthalates, mineral oils, sodium laureate sulfate and free of animal ingredients.

The main active ingredient of this serum is a natural extract called Viniferine, which is from the grapevine sap. According to the Caudalie website, "during the olden days in the vineyards, young girls would applied grapevine sap on their skin to reduce dark spots and brighten their complexion since they are always out working in the sun. It said to be the most effective against dark spots and achieving a radiant complexion. Viniferine has been proven to be 62 times more effective compared to Vitamin C in lightening the skin.” 


 
We have commonly known Vitamin C to be the effective component to lighten the skin so when I read that Viniferine is 62 times more effective than Vitamin C, all the more I wanted to test it out!  After trying Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum for a month, I can say it did not disappoint me not even a bit! It usually takes me a long time to see a visible change on my skin (or sometimes I cannot tell any difference on my skin), but with this serum I saw a difference just within a month of using. I can say with certainty that it had helped to rapidly lighten two acne scars on my face. It has a fresh pleasant scent which I love as it helps to lift up my mood. It comes in a glass bottle (with a dropper applicator) which I do not like since it is heavier than plastic and I tend to drop my things a lot.

The serum has a milky colour and slightly thicker texture. You will need to pat it on your skin for it to be absorbed. After applying the product, you will still be able to feel its stickiness for awhile (15 minutes) before it is fully absorbed. For those with oily skin types, they may not fancy this serum as much. But it is a great product for those with dry skin type and combination skin type. For those living in hot humid climate, you may want to use a lighter serum.


Although it has a thick texture, this serum does not break me out. Though I will recommend applying only 2 drops or less. I use two drops, twice a day. After using this product for a month, I could see visible lightening effect on my dark acne scars. My skin also looked more radiant. Though, I love this product I would not rush out of the house to buy it once it runs out because I am dissatisfied with its texture. I will continue searching for a serum with the same effectiveness but yet feels light on the skin. A more affordable alternative for your wallet will be the Klairs Vitamin C , which is 3 times cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment