Wednesday 28 February 2018

REVIEW: Klairs Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish

~MG~
Black sugar scrub is known to help remove dead skin cells and blackheads, exfoliate and moisturize dry skin, which sums up my skin type. I have oily skin with blackheads but I do get dry flaky skin on my face (due to the acne cream prescribed by my dermatologist). I wanted tor try the popular Skinfood sugar scrub but after reading and watching the good reviews of the Klairs'. Reviews said that Klair's Black Sugar Facial Polish is more gentle than Skinfood Black Sugar Mask. 

Bought it from Wishtrend for US$23 (S$31). Th
is product won the 2015 best award on Wishtrend. It is alcohol-free and silicone-free which is great for sensitive skin. It has a sugar scent which I dislike because I do not prefer sweet selling scent especially for bodycare products.

Even though the name of this product has the word ‘polish’ in it which may sounds scary but it is actually very gentle, hence the name. The sugar bits is more fine than the skinfood black sugar scrub so it is more gentle on the skin. To use this product, cleanse your face and dry it. Then you will need to mix 2-3 drops of water onto an adequate amount of the product before scrubbing with a circular motion onto your face. You will continue scrubbing it until the sugar bits melts away. Then you will wash it off with water and continue with your skincare routine.



I like to use Klairs Black Sugar Polish when my skin is flaky so that it can help to exfoliate and moisturise it. Despite it being moisturizing (contains shea butter and cranberry oil), it does not cause any breakout for my combination acne prone skin.If I know I will be putting on face makeup the next day, I would use this product the night before (if i remember). I like using it before makeup because it helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, control excess sebum and moisturise the dry area on my skin, thus ensuring my face will be smooth for the makeup product to go on well. Though, I would not recommend using it on red angry acne and recently extracted area because you do not want to irritate it with the sugar bits. If you are expecting this product to completely remove blackheads, you may want to lower that expectation.
According to Wishtrend website, this product is not to extract blackheads, but to dissolve the surface of the blackhead where it is blackened and oxidized so that the blackhead is no longer noticeable. 
This method is much better than the extraction because when the sebum is extracted, the pore becomes empty and the entrance of the pore becomes enlarged and more noticeable. As long as sebaceous glands are secreted, you cannot prevent the oil from oxidizing and blackening, but you can maintain a cleaner look by cleansing with the Black Sugar Polish.
Klairs Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish also works as a lip scrub. I have tried using it on my lips a few times when it was feeling dry and chapped and it works great as a lip scrub. I use Klairs Black Sugar Polish once a week, and there is plenty of product left. One tub (60g) should lasts you for at least a year. I would definitely repurchase this product again when I have emptied the current tub. It is a staple now in my weekly, more targeted skincare routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment