Sunday 29 June 2014

KenAris Salon @ Wheelock Place

~AG~

My hairstylist was Gilbert.


He recommended that I added more layers to the back of my hair since it was all one length, and was too thick. I told him that I will allow him to cut up to 2 inches. He also noticed that my hair was getting sparse on the front area where my fringe (bangs) are. He asked whether I suffered hair loss. I told him that in recent months I noticed that there are more hair fallout when I shampooed and blow dried my hair. He informed me that this is probably because of the condition of my scalp. He said that he could smell the "oiliness" of my scalp. That comment of his, I find amusing. He said that I have an oily and rather clogged scalp. He recommended a scalp treatment to detoxifying the scalp. He also mentioned that tying my hair in a ponytail that is too tight can also attribute to the hair loss. 


He mentioned that my hair was rather "heavy" because it was all one length. So he gave some layers but still kept the length. He layered the front mostly, and only trimmed the back. I allowed him to cut off up to 2 inches. My hair feels much lighter and easier to manage now. The only thing is that I find the bangs too short. But it will grow out. 


I also asked for a moisturising hair treatment because of my split ends. The products they used for the treatment were from Redken. The hair treatment makes my hair smoother and softer. I saw the effect on my hair for up to 3 weeks, which is better than that of my previous hair treatment at Shunji Matsuo. 


The scalp treatment was $98. The hair treatment was $138. The haircut was $109. This is the most expensive haircut I have ever had. But since Gilbert is a Director level, I am paying for his experience.


Overall, I said the experience there was a good one. The staff there took their time to do the hair treatment. The hair treatment and haircut took 2.5 hours. Gilbert knew what I wanted and the haircut he gave me was satisfactory. I will definitely come back there.






No comments:

Post a Comment