Monday 17 November 2014

REVIEW: The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

 
 


 
After application of The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask
 
~AG~

While browsing through The Body Shop store, I noticed the Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask. It seemed to work as a sleeping mask. The sales assistant told me that it was similar to sleeping mask in that you do not have to rinse it off. The instruction does say to tissue off after 15 minutes, the sales assistant further clarified that this is to be done to remove excess.

The Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask comes in a single use pack, and also comes in a large tub for multiple use. I decided to opt for the single-use pack to try because my ultra sensitive combination skin might have adverse reaction to the mask. The single-use pack is a smarter investment for now at $S2.90. That way, if the mask does not suit my skin, I would not have a large tub of unusable mask laying around. The single-use pack comes in 6 ml, I find that the quantity is enough for you to use it 3-4 times instead of one time use.

The mask has a cream texture. The scent has a hint of musk but it is not too overwhelming. It is absorbed quickly into the skin . During my first try, I felt a slight stinging on my face after 2-3 minutes of application. Nevertheless, I resisted the urge to wash it off and left it on my face. The next morning, I did not notice any red bumps or patches on my skin. Even though the mask caused slight stinging upon application, it did not cause any adverse reaction. During my second and third time, the mask did not caused any stinging effects on my skin.

I had some dry patches around my cheeks area and this mask did help to hydrate those dry areas. Overall, this mask moisturizing property is low to medium. It is not super hydrating but it does help my skin that was suffering from slight dryness. It does not feel heavy on the skin, and feels more like a moisturizer.

This is an average product that I would not recommend to you readers as a must-have. Though it is not a bad product, there are better hydrating masks on the market - such as Laneige Sleeping Mask and My Beauty Diary Q10 and Collagen sheet mask. I will not purchase the bigger version of Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment