Thursday 20 August 2015

DRX Clinic Journey Part 4 (Week 13)

Alpha-Beta Gel (S$70)
 
A lightweight colorless liquid to help "peel" my t-zones

My 10 steps skincare regimen
 
~AG~
It has been six weeks since I started on two oral medications (antibiotic + hormone-blocking meds) from Dr. Tsu. Honestly, the medications has not helped improve my skin conditions. My sister, MG, who is known for being brutally honest also said the same thing. It is disappointing that the medications did not show drastic effects.
During my follow-up visit with Dr. Tsu yesterday, he also admitted that my skin did not improve. He informed me to stop taking the antibiotic as I do not have red pimples (acne). My pimples are usually small bumps with or without whiteheads. He told me to continue taking the hormone-block meds, spironolactone, for a prolonged effect. He is prescribing the meds for another 45 days. Most patients will see the results of spironolactone after six-seven weeks but I did not. He also asked whether I was willing to take low-dose accutane as an option. After considering it for a few seconds, I told him that I was not willing, because of the strong side effects. So, he decided to give me another product to my skincare regimen to help with the small pimples on my overhead. The new addition to my skincare regimen is Alpha-Beta Gel. As we get older, it takes longer for our skin to renew. Even though I am only in my late 20s (dare to admit it), I do feel that my skin is not as "responsive" as before. This Alpha-Beta Gel will help peel off the dead skins and prevent clogged pores. Dr. Tsu told me to apply it first only at night for five days; to get my skin used to the product. After that, I will be using the gel morning and night. I hope this new product will help get rid of the small pimples on my forehead.
 
Here are my skincare regimen steps:

1) Milk Cleanser: only at night 
2) Cleanser
3) Toner
4) Comodone Formula 
5) Blemish Formula
6) Alpha-Beta Gel: only at night for now
7) Max-C
8) Hydrator
9) Acne Spot Lotion (ASL): only at night 
10) Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30+: only in the morning

It is a 10 steps skincare routine! It now takes me longer to get ready in the morning, which I do not appreciate. But let us hope it is worth the extra time and effort *cross my fingers*
Please read my other posts below about my experience so far with DRX Clinic:

No comments:

Post a Comment