Friday 21 August 2015

REVIEW: Bloom by Roseanne Tang Trial Makeup Class

~AG~
With Nuraishah and Roseanne Tang
 
Last Tuesday, I went for Roseanne's trial makeup class on contouring, blush and highlighting. Her new location is right across from Outram Mrt station, which is super convenient. The class had three other attendees and lasted about 1.5 hours. I like that it was a small class size as she is able to give adequate attention to each person. Basically, she went through the theory of blush, contouring and highlighting. She taught us the basics such as knowing your undertones and skin tone. It is helpful for those who are new to makeup.
After the makeup class, naturally highlighted, contoured and blushed
 
After going through the basics, she did a demonstration on a student, which happened to be the lucky ME! She explained on which brush to use, and how to correctly apply the products (bronzer, blush and highlighter). After the demonstration, each person try to contour, apply blush and highlight their own faces. We highlighted, contoured and applied blush in two ways - one using powder products and another using cream products. The class also taught us on how to contour our nose to make it look slimmer. This was probably the most exciting part of the class for me. During the practical part of the class, she guided us step-by-step on the appropriate brush, color and amount to use. She attentively watched us and helped us whenever we are unsure. She will see how each student is doing, and will guide them on the appropriate application methods. One thing about Roseanne that I like is that she is approachable and non-judgmental. You do not have to be afraid to make mistakes in the class.
Without going into too much details on how the class is, I have to say that I did learn from this trial class. Even though I have seen Youtube videos and read numerous articles on the proper use of blush, bronzer and highlighter, it is a different experience when a live person is guiding me. I am glad I went for the makeup class! There is something new to learn from a professional makeup artist. Plus, I got to try new makeup products from Tarte, Marc Jacobs, Sephora, Ettusais and 13Brushes. I will definitely recommend Bloom By Roseanne makeup classes for those who want to a more practical way to the know-hows of makeup applications. I am thinking of signing up for more makeup classes from Bloom by Roseanne Tang. Please check out her website for more details. http://bloombyroseanne.com/pages/our-classes-workshops 

No comments:

Post a Comment