Thursday 13 August 2015

REVIEW: Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm Smooth Care

innisfree canola honey lip balm - smooth care

The lip balm is surprisingly a green color
 
~AG~
Bought this lip balm during my trip to Korea. I am a big fan of Innisfree's products and decided to try their lip balm. This Canola Honey Lip Balm cost me KRW 6,000 (S$7). It is a much more affordable option compared to Fresh Lip Treatment or Dior Lip Glow.
 
Hydrating your lips is an important beauty habit to cultivate. Flaky lips are a big no-no. It makes you look unkempt. Plus, lipsticks goes on better with well moisturized lips. In Singapore's humid climate, you might not find the need to apply lip balm frequently. Unlike drier climate such as in the States or Europe.  With that being said, I still find my lips get dry if I do not apply lip balm, as I spend my days in an air-conditioned office. At my best, I apply lip balm twice a day. At my worst, I forget to apply them at all. On the other hand, my sister, MG, religiously apply lip balm. She always remind me to apply lip balm whenever we are travelling together. She is like the lip balm police. Haha!
 
According to innisfree website, Canola honey lip balm, is "a silky lip balm that helps create a moisture layer. It contains Jeju canola honey extract and canola seed oil. Deep moisture from the honey helps keep your lips silky and fresh all day, soothing any chapped areas. Shea butter and murumuru butter instantly provides moisture to dry lips."
To combat my forgetfulness, I leave a lip balm on my work desk for easy access. It gives me no excuse to forget to hydrate my lips. Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm - Smooth Care is not as hydrating as Fresh Lip Treatment or Rosebud Salve. The texture of the lip balm is rather hard, and does not go on easily. My lips does not feel well moisturized after application. The packaging of this lip balm is not sturdy; I feel that it will break to pieces if I were to drop it. Overall, I will not repurchase this lip balm.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. oh! I've only tried the original and the intensive version from this line!
    Do try the original version - I think it is quite moisturising and I find that it is a balm with easy application, it glides onto your lips smoothly~
    Mind checking out my review on it please?
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com/2015/10/style-korean-haul-review.html
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || Stylekorean Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Charmaine K: I have the Canola Honey Lip Balm Deep Moisture as well. But have not tried it.

      Delete