Thursday 16 June 2016

REVIEW: Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara

Very girlish black and pink packaging 
Chic packaging of Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara
This mascara has a chic black and pink packaging. After reading online and YouTube reviews, I decided to purchase this Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara. This is a waterproof mascara that claims to give volume, curl and length to lashes. Sounds too good to be true? 

The first time that I wore this mascara, Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara smudged to my lower eyelids within 3 hours. I was rather disappointed with the lasting power. But decided to give it another try before tossing it into the bin. During the second try, Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara surprisingly did not smudge to my lower eyelids. The mascara stayed on well for more than 8 hours. You know how people always say third time is the charm? Well, during my third try, the mascara proved to be water-resistant but not waterproof. I wore this Etude House All Shockcara during my recent trip to Lombok, and put it through a swimming challenge. This mascara clumps up into fibers when it gets into contact with water. The good thing is that you do not get a raccoon-eye look, but rather random clumps of fibers on the under eyes area.
Short bristles wand
Bristles that are well separated to create definition
Besides that, this mascara does not provide dramatic lengthening properties. It gives my short and sparse Asian lashes some definition and volume. After curling my lashes with my HG Shiseido Eyelash Curler, Etude House Lash Perm All Shockcara holds the curl quite well. Overall, I would recommend this Etude House All Shockcara. It is relatively affordable at S$20, similarly priced to drugstore mascaras such as Maybelline and L'Oreal. For hygienic purposes, I replace my mascara every 6 months or so. So this Etude House All Shockara is easy on the pockets. I bought Etude House Shockara while I was in South Korea, but I can easily find it in Etude House stores in Singapore. For those in the States, you can purchase their products from Etude House website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment