Saturday 18 June 2016

REVIEW: Innisfree Canola Honey Hydro Gel Mask

~AG~
Innisfree Canola Honey Hydro Gel Mask retails for KRW 2,000 (S$2.30). This hydro gel mask is pricier than the good-old sheet mask. The gel mask texture is that of a jelly (Jello). The moist gel adheres tightly to the skin, delivering active ingredients to the skin without leaving any stickiness, and keeps your skin hydrated and smooth until the next morning. A temperature-sensitive, water-soluble hydro gel. This patented gel sheet closely covers skin and effectively delivers active ingredients to your skin while breaking down. Nourishing and moisturizing benefits from canola honey
Firstly, this Innisfree Canola Honey Hydro Gel Mask does not fit well onto my face. It does not stick well and seems to slide off. I had to resort to snipping off the top of the gel mask into 4 distinct pieces. Read all about it below.

ORIGINAL GEL MASK
1. The mask comes with two separate parts. One for the top of the face: forehead, nose and upper cheeks area. Another for the bottom of the face: upper lip, lower cheeks area and chin.
2. The gel mask comes was too close to my under eye areas. It irritated my eyes!
3. Plus, the gel mask did not adequately cover my forehead.
GEL MASK AFTER SOME MINOR ADJUSTMENTS
1. Cut the top mask into 4 sections - forehead, nose, left and right cheeks. 
2. The newly modified gel mask fit better onto my face. It was not too close to my undereye areas, and could sufficiently cover my high forehead. Plus, the gel mask did not cover my eyebrows which are prone to breakouts. 


The worst thing about this gel mask is that it seems to slide off my face. It does NOT stick on well! I was expecting a gel mask to have better adhesion properties. Also, there was not much moisturizing properties. The hydrating properties of a regular sheet mask is much more evidenced than innisfree Hydro Gel Mask. This Canola Honey Hydro Gel Mask was a disappointment! I would not repurchase it! It is more pricey than regular sheet mask, but its effect was mediocre. Laneige Water Bank Essence has better hydrating properties than this Hydro Gel Mask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment