Friday 10 March 2017

REVIEW: Derma-RX Tinted Suncreen in Cool Beige


 Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen new sleek packaging
~AG~
Bought this Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen three weeks ago. Previously, I had disliked the previous version of Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen because of how oily it is. When I first used it, my skin looked so oily. Read about it on REVIEW: DRX Clinic Journey Part 9. However, I ended using it to the last drop, because it was pricey. After that discontinued Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen,  I used Crème Simon Daily Defense UV Protector. For some reason, my skin did not react well to Crème Simon Sunscreen. Tiny bumps started appearing on my skin. I deduce that my skin is adverse to Sodium Hyaluronate (which is a derivative of Hyaluronic Acid). Every time I use a skincare product with Hyaluronic Acid, there will be bumps on my face. 

Decided to try this new version of Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen This improved version is a matte tinted sunscreen. Yay to no-more greasy sunscreen! It costs S$69 for 50 ml of product. The discontinued Derma-RX Sunscreen also contained 50 ml of product, and it lasted me for 1.5 years - because I applied a sparing amount each time. Derma-RX now offers two tinted sunscreen: Cool Beige and Warm Natural. I swatched the shade and Cool Beige matched my skin tone. 

This Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen comes with a pump to dispense the sunscreen and a cap to cover the pump. This packaging is better for traveling, as the previous packaging will sometimes dispense too much sunscreen after it has been in the checked-in luggage. The texture of this Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen is not as creamy compared to the previous version. Even though it is tinted, it has a semi-matte finish.  This new finish is suitable for oily to combination skin type. Though dry skin type might find it drying. Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen is water-resistant, fragrance-free, paraben-free and chemical filter free.
With a pump packaging
My sensitive combination skin has not had any adverse reaction to this Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen. No new breakouts or bumps were seen. It is a pricey sunscreen but I would re-purchase because I trust Derma-RX products. The only con about this product is that you have to apply it 20 minutes before going out to provide sun protection, as it contains physical sunscreen ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment