Friday 5 September 2014

REVIEW: Michael Todd Honey and Oat Deep Pore Gentle Cleanser

~AG~

 


According to Michael Todd True Organic official website:


Ultra-hydrating sweet-lemony honey and oat facial cleanser in a base of refreshing aloe vera juice. Effectively removes makeup and impurities in one simple step.

Sulfate free "no tears" formula does not irritate eyes and rinses completely without residue leaving the skin clean, fresh and hydrated.

Ingredients :

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Oat Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Beta-Carotene, Honey, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5),  Potassium Sorbate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange)  Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phospholipids, Disodium Edta, Dehydroacetic Acid.  

My good friend, Stephanie, bought this for me. Previously, she had told me about how good this face wash is. She said it cleanses her skin without drying it out. She also mentioned that Michael Todd True Organic Honey and Oat Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser does not foam up like other face wash but your skin will still feels clean and fresh afterwards. 

As my skin has been ultra sensitive ever since I moved back to Singapore one and half years ago, I have been extra careful with the beauty products I use. Before that, I was using the Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel. I really liked the Boscia face wash - I was on my second bottle. Anyway, I decided to try this Honey & Oat Cleanser. Because who knows it might be better. 

I have been using for a week and so far my ultra sensitive skin has not had any adverse reaction. My skin did not breakout because of it, nor did my skin had red bumps or patches. My first thought about this cleanser is that the packaging will work well for travelling as it has a "push down" cap. The cleanser has a slight citrus scent. I could not detect any hint of honey or oat scent. This face wash does not foam up but it does lather up a little. I only need a pea size amount for my whole face. My skin does not feel tight after wash, which means it does not dry out my combination skin. It does not sting my eye area, which some cleanser does. It also removes impurities well; my skin does not feel like it has some residue left after wash. 

It retails online at Michael Todd website for US$22 for 210ml worth of product. While my Boscia Cleansing Gel was 150ml and cost US$26. So, MTTO Honey and Oat Cleanser is the more affordable one of the two. The only downside is that this cleanser is not easily found in the States, you can only buy it online. I will definitely recommend this face cleanser to those that have sensitive and combination skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment