Wednesday 3 September 2014

REVIEW: My Beauty Diary Sake Yeast Mask

~AG~

I am a big fan of My Beauty Diary sheet mask. Ever since I tried using it in the States, I have used quite a number of their sheet masks - Birds' Nest, Aloe Vera, Q10 Rejuvenating, Natto, Red Wine, Collagen, Black Pearl. My Beauty Diary sheet masks are of high quality and my ultra sensitive skin has not had any adverse reactions to them. The fit of the sheet mask also works well on my face. On this particular sheet mask packaging, it says it has moisturizing and whitening properties.
When I removed this sheet mask from its packaging, the scent of the sake yeast was pretty overpowering. Among the My Beauty Diary sheet masks, this is one of the least favourite in terms of scent. Even the Red Wine sheet mask's scent was not as overwhelming. The scent of alcohol in this Sake Yeast mask is not the most pleasant scent.

The direction says to leave the sheet mask for 20-30  minutes on my face. But I usually leave the mask on for at least an hour or until the mask is dried up. I do this because it is such a waste for me to throw away the mask that is still soaked with essence after 20 or 30 minutes of application.

My cheeks areas were dry and flaky before the mask application. After the mask, my skin feels tighter and brighter. Overall, my skin feels refreshed and well-moisturized. Apart from the overwhelming alcohol scent, I might reconsider purchasing this sheet mask. I bought a box of 10 variety My Beauty Diary mask for S$13-15 from Sasa Singapore. That means one mask costs about S$1.50.


Mild sake yeast is the by-product in winemaking. Yeast essence has anti-oxidizing function that whitens skin. It purifies pore, making skin soft, fresh and bright. Botanical collagen restores skin’s elasticity and repairing function. Gorse extracts hydrates for more translucent and radiant skin.

Patented moisturizing ingredient CosphingoTM maintains skin’s natural state of healthiness. It hydrates and locks moisture, restores skin’s softness and smoothness.

No comments:

Post a Comment