Monday 29 September 2014

My Hair History

~AG~

It's been almost 3 months since my last hair cut. See the link for my review of KenAris Salon. http://beautyloverssisters.blogspot.sg/2014/06/kenaris-salon-wheelock-place.html

During my visit there, Gilbert that suggested that I try Keratin Treatment on my next visit. He told me that the treatment will help strengthen my hair and also make it less frizzy. I told him that I had done Cosme Cream Hair Straightening Treatment at Shunji Matsuo 313 earlier this year. But after this straightening treatment, my hair has been left with split ends and tend to be very brittle. Here is a brief timeline of chemical treatments done to my hair:
  • October 2012 - Digital Perm
  • February 2013 - Cosme Cream Hair Straightening Treatment @ Shunji Matsuo 313. (The bottom 5 inches or so was not straightened).
  • January 2014 - Cosme Cream Hair Straightening Treatment @ Shunji Matsuo 313.
Gilbert mentioned that the Cosme Cream Hair Straightening was the same thing as soft rebonding. He mentioned that if I wanted a more natural look, I should try the Keratin Treatment which does not make the hair looks flat. I told him that I had actually tried Keratin Treatment once in the States. I had bought a groupon to try it out. My cousins had previously tried Keratin Treatment and loved the results. The particular hairstylist and salon I went to did not do a good job because I noticed no difference after the treatment. I even bought the special shampoo for after-treatment care. I was utterly disappointed. Gilbert mentioned that I should try it out and that it will lasts up to three months depending on frequency of hair wash and after-treatment care. However, the price will take a huge chunk on my wallet. He quoted S$400-500 for the Keratin Treatment. That makes me reluctant to go for a Keratin Treatment.

After several weeks of consideration, I have booked an appointment with Gilbert to do the Keratin Treatment. With my cousin's numerous wedding events, I need my hair to look presentable with minimal styling. So I decide to take the risk and give Gilbert a chance to prove me wrong. Wish me luck! I am excited and also nervous about it *cross my fingers*



No comments:

Post a Comment