Tuesday 26 August 2014

REVIEW: SunPlay Skin Aqua UV Silky Smooth Milk SPF 50 PA+++

~AG~
This sunscreen is one of the best I have tried so far. This is actually my second time purchasing the product. At Guardian, it retails for S$17+. It works for your face as well as your body. It has a milky texture that absorbs quickly when applied.  It did not leave a white cast on my face or any white reside on my body. There is a slightly cooling feeling after application. 
 
SPF 50 PA ++ provides long hours broad spectrum from UVA & UVB protection. Its oil absorbing powder keeps skin shine free. The sunscreen contains super hyaluronic acid, hyaluronic acid, amino acid and collagen to keep skin hydrated. The super hyaluronic acid and hyaluronic acid provides superior moisture retention capacity for long hours by targeting different layers of the skin. Collage and amino acid helps to improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
 
The packaging mentions that it is ideal as a makeup base. I cannot comment about this because I don't use face makeup daily. On the packaging, it mentions that the product does not have fragrance, colorant and mineral oil. That is a plus for those with sensitive skin like me.
 
For those of you who is wondering whether it is waterproof or water resistant. The packaging claims that it is highly water resistant. But they recommend to re-apply after perspiring, towel drying or vigorous outdoor activity. I used this sunscreen on my face while snorkelling in Koh Samui. I re-applied three times throughout the day and my face was not sunburnt. The mattifying texture makes it comfortable to re-apply on the skin. My ultra sensitive skin did not have any adverse reaction to it. Some sunscreen cause my skin to breakout. But I did not have such issue with this sunscreen.

I will recommend this sunscreen to those looking for a lightweight sunscreen to use on their face and body for outdoor activities. This sunscreen will also work well for daily use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment