Monday 28 March 2016

REVIEW: Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

~AG~

Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser has been my everyday face wash for almost 3 months now. Time for me to do an in-depth review of this cleanser.
Non-comodegenic foaming wash

Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser comes in a squeeze cap bottle. I much prefer pump packaging for its convenience. A bottle comes with 125 ml of product which lasts me for about 4 months, with twice a day use. Price-wise, Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser is not the most affordable cleanser on the market. In Singapore, a bottle of Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser costs me S$25 (~US$18). I believe Cetaphil products are more affordable in the U.S. I remember paying less than US$10 for a bottle of Cetaphil face wash. 

This face wash works well for my sensitive skin. It does not trigger any adverse reactions on my skin. No bumps or redness was noticed after use. Plus, Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser does not cause my acne-prone skin to breakout. So those are the good points about this face wash. Now on to the bad points, Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser does not foam up well. Since it is a gentle cleanser, it does not have much sudsing (foaming) power.  Apart from that, I feel that this cleanser does not completely remove makeup and impurities. Even after washing my face with Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, there will be residues left on my toner-soaked cotton pad.  Having that squeaky clean feeling after facial cleansing is not a good sign, it means that all your face wash is too harsh and drying for your skin. I, on the other hand, do like that clean feeling after facial cleansing. When I use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, I feel as though my skin is not clean enough, especially for my nose and chin. Sometimes, I have to rewash these areas where I feel that there are residues. Do note that I use Bioderma Sebium to remove sunscreen and makeup beforehand, so a facial wash does not have to do much anyway.

Overall, I would not repurchase this cleanser. Even though it is gentle and my skin did not have issues with Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleasner, it is not worth the price tag. This cleanser might work better for those with sensitive skin, and does not like the squeaky clean feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment