Wednesday 23 March 2016

REVIEW: Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara

~AG~

This was my impulsive buy while browsing through the drugstores in Tokyo. It retailed for only JPY 820 (S$10), a cheap buy for the usually premium Japanese cosmetics. However, this Heroine Kiss Make Volume & Curl mascara is the non-waterproof version. The packaging was all in Japanese so I could not differentiate whether it was waterproof or not. Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner is my HG eyeliner,  so I decided to try other products from the Kiss Me Heroine brand. 

The pink and black packaging
You can see the polymer fibres on the mascara wand

This mascara was contains polymer fibers which lengthen eyelashes by 120%. It is a lightweight, long-lasting and curl-maintaining mascara which is easy to apply. It also contains Chamomile Recutita Flower Extract and Camellia Japonica Seed Oil that won't dry out your eyelashes.

Brush type: 
It is different than the usual mascara wand because it has two different brush sides. One is curved-brush while the other is a comb-like brush. I
Curved-brush to coat each lashes with mascara
You apply the mascara this way to curl lashes 
Voluminizing power: 
This was the most disappointing aspect of the Heroine Volume & Curl Mascara. It did not thickened my sparse lashes at all! The voluminizing capability was lesser than that of CoverGirl LashBlast Volume. 

Lengthening power:
The polymer fibres does help lengthen my super short lashes. Though, the lengthening properties is not as good as Majolica Majorca mascara as the fibres are more fine, and less dramatic. 

Curling power: 
The specially-designed brush does not curl my stubbornly straight lashes. You cannot make do without the eyelash curler. Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes has a better curling power than Heroine Kiss Make Volume & Curl Mascara.

Staying power:  
It smudges slightly to my lower eyelids after about 4 hours, since it is a non-waterproof version. Though the smudging is not as bad as other non-waterproof mascara such as Maybelline mascaras. 

Overall, I would not recommend Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara. It does not provide enough volume and length to my short & straight lashes, which I desperately need. 
Please leave a comment below if you have any good waterproof mascara recommendation for short & straight lashes!

No comments:

Post a Comment