Wednesday 25 January 2017

REVIEW: VDL Metal Cushion Foundation in A205

~AG~

VDL Metal Cushion Foundation has been in my beauty chest for over a year. It is about time that I try it out. The reason I bought VDL Metal Cushion Foundation is because of the unique functional packaging. Unlike the usual CC Cushion packaging, VDL Metal Cushion Foundation has a metal plate to deliver the foundation. Moreover, the foundation shade tested in-store matched my medium skin tone well (for reference I am NC 30-35 and Urban Decay 3.0). Most Korean face makeup tend to be for the fairer skin tones, and it is difficult to find a match for my warm skin tone. VDL Metal Cushion Foundation has a surprisingly lightweight texture. I do not like when foundation or BB creams feel heavy on the skin. My ideal foundation is one that does not feel like I have any makeup on.

So what can I say about VDL Metal Cushion Foundation?
VDL Metal Cushion Foundation has a low coverage. It works great for those with good skin and do not need much coverage. For myself, I still need to apply concealer to disguise my dark circles and blemishes. The shade A205 (Vanilla Beige) matched my medium skin tone well. For shade reference, I am Bourjois Shade 52 (Vanille), MAC NC 30, Bobbi Brown Beige (3), Chanel Beige (10) and Urban Decay Shade 3.0. VDL Metal Cushion Foundation comes in 4 shades: M101, A201, A203 and A205.
Unlike Korean BB Creams, VDL Metal Cushion Foundation did not leave a white or grey cast. The foundation blends well with the skin, and does not feel heavy on the skin. VDL claims this metal cushion foundation will deliver 24-hours of bright and clear skin. It claims to provide a glowing radiance through hydro-rich prune water.

VDL Metal Cushion Foundation is pricey at KRW 27,800 (S$34). This VDL Cushion Foundation is good in that it is lightweight and the packaging makes it more hygienic. But other than that, I would not repurchase this Cushion Foundation as there are other Cushion Foundation on the market that I want to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment