Tuesday 26 November 2013

REVIEW: Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte


Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte in 20 Naturel (USD $45)

Imparts a translucent, natural matte finish when applied over makeup in the morning or as an anytime touch-up. Ultra-fine lightweight formula with light-reflecting pigments and luxuriously soft feel creates a flattering, halo-like look.

~AG~
This is a translucent pressed powder that gives a matte finish and provides minimal coverage. Contrary to its description,  I cannot see its light-reflecting properties on my skin. I bought it together with a Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation. It comes in several shades (20-Clair, 30-Naturel, 40-core, 140-Muscade). The Chanel sales associate matched Shade 20 Naturel to my skin-tone, but the powder itself does not have much color. Since I do not use much foundation on a daily basis, this pressed powder was highly neglected. 

However, much later on, I found a use for it. Since my Benefit Erasepaste concealer would melt when I apply it under my eyes during the summer, I used this pressed powder to set it. This pressed powder does help make my concealer more melt-proof. 

The only downside to this product is that it will look too powdery if you use the powder puff that comes with it. However, when I use a large powder brush instead, it is fine. When properly applied, it would not accentuate my fine lines. 

Overall, this is a good pressed powder for setting your makeup, though it is pricy. 
I recommend Chanel pressed powder for those with oily and combination skin. And will not recommend it for those with dry skin. The Guerlain pressed powder will work better for those with dry skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment