Saturday 16 November 2013

REVIEW: NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

This smudge-proof eye shadow base uses a unique polymer and mineral powder blend to get a firm grip on color for long-lasting, gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, it dries on contact and keeps the delicate eye lid smooth and ready for eye shadow application.

After 2 week test:

- 97% felt that it maximized your eye shadow color
- 93% felt that it extended the wear of your eye shadow
- 90% felt that it prevented creasing and smudging


~AG~
It comes in a twist white and black packaging. The finish of the packaging is rather rubbery. 
This eyeshadow primer comes with a sponge tip applicator. However, I don’t use the sponge tip applicator directly on my eyelids. I usually dab a small amount of primer on the back of my hands, and then use my fingers to apply the product onto my eyelids. This is because I don’t want to “dirty” the sponge tip applicator. FYI, I usually apply some concealer around the eye area before using the primer.

The eyeshadow primer absorbs quickly into the skin, and does not feel sticky.
It keeps my eye shadow in tact.  Plus, it does not make my eye shadows look “powdery”. 
I do find that it helps make my eyeliner lasts longer. My eyeliner wear with NARS eyeshadow base is 5-6 hours compared to 3-4 hours without it. It also reduces my eyeliner from smudging to my lower eyelids - which I always have an issue with. 
Compared to the Urban Decay primer potion, I prefer this. I feel it works better for my monolids. 

You can find it at Sephora stores, NARS counters at Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. For USD $24, I find it worth the price and will not hesitate to re-purcahse it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment