Monday 4 November 2013

REVIEW: Benefit Brow Zing


~AG~

I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my eyebrows. I try to go to the salon to thread my eyebrows once a month, and in between that I occasionally tweeze any hair re-growth. Most often, I let my eyebrows grow back naturally without much tweezing. 

For my everyday makeup, I don't do much to my eyebrows. When I find my eyebrows are rather messy I use Benefit Brow Gel to keep it in place. 

For my friends who are of fair complexions, I find that they make the effort to "dress up" their brows everyday. I saw one of my friends using Benefit Brow Zing and it made her eyebrows looked very well-groomed. That got me interested in this product. But I was afraid that this eyebrow wax and powder combination would be difficult to use. Before using this Benefit eyebrow kit, I used eyebrow pencil but I find that it was difficult to create a soft and even eyebrow look. 

I bought the Medium shade which is supposedly for medium brown and red hair. Because I find the Dark shade will look too strong, and wanted a more a natural look. 

I only use Brow Zing for special occasions - when lots of pictures will be taken - because I find that my eyebrows are quite dark as it is. 




How I use it: I usually brush my eyebrows with a brow brush first and then use the angled brush provided to apply the wax. The wax keeps the eyebrows in place and makes it look neater. Then I use the powder brush to apply the eyebrow powder on areas where there needs to be shading, which is usually the front and tail of the eyebrows. 

I find Brow Zing easier to use and gives a more natural finish compared to eyebrow pencils. It is a worthy eyebrow product to buy. It is very useful, and also comes with a pair of tweezers which comes in handy when traveling. Even though it is a mini tweezer which I rarely use, it is convenient to have on-the-go. The compact and sturdy packaging makes it a good product for traveling. 

There are also similar eyebrow wax and powder combination products from NYX which is more affordable (USD$6). This one from Benefit Cosmetics retails for USD $30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment