Saturday 2 November 2013

REVIEW: Boscia Luminizing Black Mask



What it is formulated to do:

This jet-black, mineral-rich mask creates a unique peel-off effect that delivers powerful detoxifying, purifying, and brightening results. Made with a premier-quality clay, its deep-cleansing properties draw out dirt and oil. Other natural ingredients go to work exfoliating skin and refining pores. Powerful antioxidants shrink pores, firm skin, and reduce inflammation. Once dried, the mask strips away dead skin, impurities and excess oil to reveal immediate and visible results.

After 4 weeks of use: 

- 91% reported their skin felt softer 

- 91% reported their skin felt less oily 

- 82% reported their skin appeared brighter

~AG~
A clay peel-off mask without all those wonderful properties that Boscia claims. However, it does not seem to work on my skin. It supposedly detoxifies skin and brighten the skin tone, but I did not see any of those effects.

Several beauty bloggers have raved about this product before so I was excited to try it. I bought this mask because I was breaking out like crazy, and wanted something to help with my clogged pores.  I tried using it once a week for over a month. I leave it on for 20-30 minutes until it completely dries, and then peel the mask off. I will then wash off any residue left with lukewarm water. 
A bad thing about this product is when I apply it around the T-zone area. When I apply the mask on my forehead and between the brows, my eyes will start to sting. It is not just a little stinging, sometimes I will tear up because of it.

I also noticed that pimples will pop up one or two days after use. Somehow it draws out the pimples. Instead of drawing out and removing the impurities, it causes me to have pimples. A big NO-NO!

I will not re-purchase this Boscia mask because I like to see instant effects for my skincare products. What I can say about it is that it does not have any positive effects on my skin condition. Plus, it also does not help with the removal of blackheads. Priced at USD $34, which I find rather pricy for a clay mask, I had expected more from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment