Thursday 16 November 2017

REVIEW: Klairs Freshly Juice Vitamin C Serum

 ~MG~

Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Serum is a highly raved online by korean beauty youtubers and by wishtrend. Bought it in Korea at Aland Myeongdong on March 2017.

Started using it in August, it has been three months of usage already. Initially I only used it at night and only 2 drops of serum because I wanted to test whether it would irritate my skin. It contains 5% of Vitamin C and is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I did not see any adverse reaction so I started to use it in the morning too but I always made sure to use an SPF product afterwards. It is important to use a sunscreen after using Vitamin C serum, as the latter will make our skin more sensitive to the sun. Since I had no bad reaction after using the serum twice a day, I decided to increase to 4 drops during each use. Despite the increase in product usage, it did not break me out.

A slight warm sensation can be felt when I pat the product onto my face but it is actually normal because that means pure Vitamin C is being absorbed into my skin. It does feel slightly sticky, but once you apply it onto your face, the tackiness will go away. I apply it after my toner, essence, eye cream and before my moisturizer/facial oil.

Klairs Vitamin C Serum is the best Vitamin C serum that I have used so far! It made my face more radiant, and helped to fade my acne scars rapidly. Acne scar is a big problem I always deal with. All my acne, even if I did not pop it, will always gift me a scar at the end. I feel like this is the more affordable version of the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution which I loved and went through two bottles. The Kiehl's retails at USD50 (S$68) for 30ml while Klairs Vitamin C Serum retails at USD23 (S$32) for 35ml. Klairs is half the price of Kiehl's Serum. Even though the packaging of both products looks similar, in that it comes in clear packaging and has dropper applicator. Another difference is that Klairs Vitamin C Serum comes in a plastic packaging which makes it convenient to travel with, while Kiehl's Solution came in a glass packaging.

Highly recommend to all acne prone people who always have acne scars! One bottle of Klairs Serum can lasts at least six months. For those with very sensitive skin, I would suggest you to use only 2 drops and mix it with your moisturizer. For those new to Vitmain C product, I would suggest you to start conservatively, starting with 2 drops first and only increasing the number of droplets if the product does not irritate your skin. For all skin types, I would not go over 5 drops though.

No comments:

Post a Comment