Friday 12 January 2018

REVIEW: Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream

Pictures courtesy of Wishtrend
~MG~
Last April, I bought Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream in Seoul at ÅLAND. Cannot remember how much I bought it for but it retails for US$24.50 (S$34) on Wishtrend.  Been wanting to try out this product for a long time after reading the positive reviews from youtube and wishtrend.
This Calming Cream has been part of my skincare regimen for more than 6 months
. How do I use it? I only apply it on nights when I have extracted my blackhead/whitehead or popped my pimples. This cream comes in a surprising blue color. Unlike traditional moisturizing cream, you do not apply the Klairs Calming Cream all over the face. You only apply a small amount to targeted areas.
  
Q1. Why is the cream blue?
Guaiazulene, which is the key ingredient of the Blue Cream, is a plant-based component extracted
from camomile oil. It has a natural violet color, which gradually turns the cream into a gentle blue color after the blending process.


This cream designed to calm and soothe sensitive, or irritated skin.  When I use it the night before, my skin redness is reduced next day. Though it does not completely diminish the redness, it does significantly help to calm my skin irritations. When you rinse your face with water the next morning, you can still feel a thin protective layer of the product on your skin, almost like shielding your damaged skin from external environment. Sometimes if the affected area is still red in the morning, I will use Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream as my day moisturizer. I will allow the Calming Cream to absorb into the skin first before putting on CC Cream.

When I am lazy, I use Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream as a moisturizer at night. Since it is not as moisturizing, I like to apply a very generous amount all over my face. However, this result in my skin being a little sticky due to the protective layer of the cream. Therefore, this product is not recommend to be used all over the face in the daytime. Because of the protective layer that it creates on the skin, your skin will look somewhat shiny.
Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream contains 30 ml of product and has lasted me for 9 months. Since this product is only used when my skin is irritated or redness, I tend to use it only 3 to 4 times a month. I would repurchase this product as it does help to calm my skin redness and irritation. It is an affordable treatment cream that will be useful for those with skin sensitivity, breakouts and redness.

No comments:

Post a Comment