Friday 16 March 2018

For the Love of Sheet Masks


~AG~
Sheet masks are an essential part of my skincare routine. This single-use sheet mask helps to soothe and add moisture to the skin. The first brand that ignited my love of sheet mask was My Beauty Diary, a Taiwanese brand that has a wide range of sheet mask for different skin concerns and needs. During my university days in the States, I would put on a face mask after a long day at school and work. A box of sheet masks costs about S$12-16, and a single mask costs about S$1.50. This is one of the most affordable sheet masks in the market. My recommended series from My Beauty Diary are: Aloe Vera and Natto. The sheet masks are drenched with serum and your skin will feel instantly moisturised after application.


innisfree offers a range of sheet masks. I have used:
1) My Real Squeeze Masks (S$2). A triple layered sheet mask with freshly squeezed juice of plants or fruits. My Real Squeeze Mask offers 16 different types to try - Rose, Rice, Green Tea, Aloe, Kiwi and etc. For those who are more budget conscious, My Real Squeeze Mask is a good way to try mask for various skin concerns. The Face Shop and Nature Republic offers similarly priced sheet masks, but they are not as memorable. 

2) Skin Clinic Mask (S$3) is made of 100% natural cotton sheet and it is mineral oil-free, colorants-free and animal ingredients-free.
3) Second Skin Mask Range (S$7-8) is made of fermented soyabean sheet that feels like hydrogel. I have tried the Nourishing and Soothing sheet mask.
This a new discovery for me. LuLuLun Daily Face Mask costs about S$7-9 for a 7-pack sheet mask. It also comes in a pack with 30-pieces face mask. The one that I tried LuLuLun Daily Facial Mask Extra Moisturising. Though the sheet mask is not as drenched with essence, my skin feels hydrated and soft after use.You are supposed to use it daily for seven days, but I am usually too lazy for that. It is a good skincare boost when your skin is feel tight and tired.
Leaders Insolution Mask from South Korea is a popular sheet mask brand. The ones I tried was the Collagen Lifting Skin Renewal Mask, AC-Dressing Skin Clinic Mask and Aquaringer Skin Clinic Mask. The one that I use most often is Collagen Lifting Skin Renewal Mask as my skin has been on the drier side lately. The sheet mask is fully drenched with essence and helps to restore moisturize. A single mask costs about S$4.00. This is not as affordable as My Beauty Diary and innisfree.
Last but not least, is my highly-rated Mediheal Mask. One of my Korean friends said this is one of the best-selling sheet masks in Korea. The Collagen Impact Essential Mask is my ultimate favorite sheet mask. It soothes and moisturizes my tired skin. Whenever my skin feels dry, I would apply the sheet mask. This Mediheal Collagen Mask is fully drenched with essence. Even after applying it for 20 minutes, the sheet mask is still soaked with essence. I have yet to try the other mask from Mediheal.

No comments:

Post a Comment