Saturday 31 March 2018

REVIEW: Haircut, Rebonding & Cinderella Treatment @ Leekaja Beauty Salon


~AG~

Leekaja Beauty Salon has been gaining popularity online. The trusted Beauty Undercover has raved about them and I been wanting to try them out. Leekaja was having a promotion through their Facebook page, 50% off all hair treatments. It was such a good deal that was too hard to resists. Since I have been long overdue for a haircut, I made an appointment with one of their senior stylists, Jenny Kang. My appointment was for the LKJ 5-Step Hair Treatment as well as a haircut. The good thing about Leekaja is that you can schedule for your appointment through their website. According to their website, LKJ 5-Step Treatment is a comprehensive treatment for your hair and scalp concerns. Turns out, the LKJ 5-Step Treatment is actually the Tokio Inkarami Treatment - as I was informed in their email confirmation. 
 
Leekaja Beauty Salon is located on the third floor of Mandarin Gallery. The ambience of Leekaja Beauty Salon is wonderful. It has an industrial chic style. It had comfortable lighting and cafe-style decors. They offer a wide range of drinks - from different kind of coffees, teas and fresh juices. Each customer is provided a platter with cookies,  banana and a drink of your choice.

Jenny recommended the Cinderella Treatment for my hair type. The Cinderella Treatment is considered the botox treatment for hair. It supposedly soften and smoothen hair to give a anti-frizz look. Its organic ingredients of aloe vera, vitamins and collagen nourishes hair. She also recommended a shoulder length hairstyle for my face shape. She cut about 3-4 inches off my hair and gave some nice layers. Though she was careful to not to give too much layers, or else, my hair can get messy. While cutting my hair, she mentioned that I might consider during rebonding for my roots as it is quite curly. Even though Cinderella Treatment helps to minimize frizz and smoothen the hair, it does not have much straightening properties. Since my natural hair is quite curly and unruly, she said I will be more satisfied with the result with a rebonding of the curly parts. Her assistant did most of the application of the cream and treatment for the whole process. Jenny was there to guide her assistant when needed. It is starkly different than Japanese salon, where you get one hairstylist to be with you from start to finish.

1. Hairwash
2. Haircut
3. Application of debonding cream to the curly parts of the hair. Wait for 15 minutes with a warmer machine.
4. Rinse
5. Apply the Cinderella Treatment on wet hair, and wait for 15 minutes.
6. Blow dry and then flat iron to seal the keratin
7. Apply cream, roll the fringe. Wait for 10 minutes
8. Then rinse off.
9. Final haircut and styling
 
A "plastic shield" to protect the face 
The whole process took 3.5 hours. My hair feel shiny and smooth now. The haircut is great, my hair feels light and fresh. I am glad I get to try the Cinderella treatment but I would not do it again. The Cinderella Treatment is pricey, the full price is $400. Moreover, the effect of the treatment can only lasts for three months. For the half rebonding, Jenny charged me $180 which I think is decent for such service especially in the Orchard area. The haircut was $70, which is reasonable for a hairstylist with such experience. This is the most I have ever spent on hair service! 

 
Price list at Leekaja Beauty Salon
I would not hesitate to come back to Jenny Kang @ Leekaja Beauty Salon for a haircut again. Jenny has been in Singapore for over 11 years and is very knowledgeable on haircut. Though I will go elsewhere for a hair treatment, as their prices are too steep for my wallet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Nice article and really helpful.
    I also wanted to try the Cinderella treatment. There is $150 off on the salon services if an existing customer refers me.

    Can you refer me so that we both get the benefit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Nice article and really helpful.
    I also wanted to try the Cinderella treatment. There is $150 off on the salon services to both the referee and referer if an existing customer refers someone.


    Can you refer me so that we both get the benefit?

    ReplyDelete