Friday 9 March 2018

REVIEW: I'm From Volcanic Clay Mask

~MG~

Bought I'm From Volcanic Clay Mask last August from Wishtrend. It costs S$34 for 110 grams of product. For clay mask, I like it to be in a jar packaging. Since I can see the whole product and I can scoop it all up so no product will go to waste. I bought a spatula to scoop out the product because I do not want to dip my finger into the jar. This product has pinkish brown colour with the typical clay scent.
 
Previously,I had used the innisfree Super Volcanic clay mask for a few years but I was getting annoyed with its texture. The innisfree clay would get harden in time, even though I used the mousse form that was in an aerosol can. So when I saw that I'm From Volcanic Clay won the 2016 best awards on Wishtrend,  I knew I had to get it. I bought it in hope to help absorb my sebum and to purify my large pores.

 
Unlike innisfree’s, the texture of this mask is stable. The clay mask is soft and it would not harden in time. This I'm From Volcanic Clay Mask is easier to spread evenly on my face. I have used two different clay masks, and I'm From Volcanic Clay Mask has the best texture and stability. I try to use it once a week but usually my laziness overtakes me, and I use it once a fortnight. I apply the clay mask before my shower so that I can wash it off in the shower, since it gets messy washing the mask off the sink because of the color of the clay. I would apply a thin layer all over my face, avoiding the eyes area of course. Generally, I would apply a thicker layer on my T-zone areas because that is the “frying pan” of my face. After application, you will feel the cooling effect on your skin. After washing it off, my skin will feel soft. It is not drying to your skin. Truthfully, I cannot see the effect on my pores, it still looks the same. My blackheads are still present. However, it does help to with the sebum.

I have been using it for the past 5 months and I still have 1/3 of the product left. Most probably, I would not repurchase this product because I want a clay mask which will give me more visible result for my pores. So far, I think the effectiveness of this product is only 50% because I could only see it working on my sebum. Although it claims to help in a lot of areas but do not expect too much from it. This clay mask does not magically disappear your large pores and blackhead. Nevertheless, it is still an okay clay mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment