Sunday 13 July 2014

REVIEW: Laura Mercier Undercover Pot



~AG~
The shade that I use is UC-3 which is for light to medium skin tone. It retails for USD$34 at Sephora. But I bought it during their Family & Friends sale. So there was a 15% or 20% off the retail price. Previously,  I have used the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer. I somehow missed out on doing a review on that product on this blog. Anyway, I really liked the Secret Concealer. I used it to conceal my dark circles. The salmon shade help neutralise the darkness, and brightens the eye area. Its creamy consistency makes it glides on easily. Even though it is creamy, I find that it does not crease. Overall, it was a good under eye concealer 

I decided to get the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot because I thought it will be a great go-to concealer for travelling. Instead of bringing various concealers and loose powder while travelling, I had hope that this will meet all my concealing needs. The Secret Concealer (on the right side of the pot) to conceal dark circles and the Secret Camouflage (on the left side of the pot) to conceal redness and blemishes. Plus, it comes with the Translucent Loose Setting Powder to set the concealers. 

It turns out that I used the Secret Concealer faster than the Secret Camouflage and Translucent Loose Setting Powder. That bit of Secret Concealer lasted me less than six months. I use it everyday to conceal my dark circles. About the Secret Camouflage, it has a thicker consistency compared to Secret Concealer. It is also more yellow-based, and I find it more powdery. It does work to conceal redness, but it has a more light to medium coverage compared to my Cle de Peau concealer. So I have to apply more to cover up the redness around my nose. Sometimes, this tends to make my makeup looks cakey. It does not work well on huge blemishes because of the inadequate coverage. The Translucent Loose Setting Powder is pretty good. It does not make my makeup looks too powdery. It is rather finely milled. It does not have any color as it is a setting powder. I use a small powder brush to apply it. 

Overall, I do recommend it for those who want an all-in-one product for all their concealing needs. It is a convenient product to have in your makeup bag. However, if you are those that mostly need to conceal dark circles, I will recommend the Secret Concealer instead. Because the amount of Secret Concealer in Undercover Pot is too minimal, and Secret Camouflage does not work well on dark circles. But for those that need to conceal redness and minor blemishes, the Secret Camouflage is adequate. 


Above Left: The right side of the pot is the Secret Camouflage. On the left side of the pot, I have replaced it with my Bourjois 
foundation.  
Above Right: The Translucent Loose Setting Powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment