Friday 12 December 2014

REVIEW: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette


 

~AG~
A year after I bought Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette, I finally have the chance to try it out. The durable packaging makes it a good eyeshadow palette to travel with. It is light and fits nicely onto my travel makeup bag. It fits on the  palm of my hand. The rubberised packaging makes the surface less prone to scratches or eyeshadow residues. 

In the past, I always brought the original Naked palette when travelling. But I found that the packaging is too long to fit comfortably into my smaller travel makeup bag, it takes too much space. Plus, on short trips, I do not need all the eyeshadows that are available on the Naked Palette.

On my recent business trip, I decided to try out this palette. My everyday makeup look for work is usually a wash of shimmery eyeshadow and then some mascara. On some days, I use a contour shadow when I don't have time to put on liquid eyeliner. And when I really feel like dressing up, it is a shimmery eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner and mascara. 


 


       

 It retails for US$29. My sister bought it for me during the Sephora Family & Friends Sale, which entitles VIB insiders with an additional 15% off purchase. 

   

The Naked Basics Palette comes in six neutral shades.
 Left to Right: Venus, Foxy, W.O.S, Naked 2, Faint, Crave
All the eyeshadows are matte except for Venus which some shimmers. 
I was attracted to the four lightest shades on the palette. I find that those are shades that I would wear everyday. The two darkest shades are more for contouring and creating a neutral smoky eyes. 

The compact packaging of the Naked Basic Palette. It is very thin. 



This is the eye makeup look that I tried with this palette. I used Foxy all over my eyelids and then used Faint as a contour color. On the center of my eyelids, I applied Venus to highlight and brighten the area. This is an easy makeup look. You can use the darker eyeshadow as eyeliner. An easy way to define the eyes without the use of eyeliner. It creates a softer definition, which works great for a neutral work makeup look. 

Urban Decay Naked Basic palette is a great eyeshadow palette to have for natural makeup looks. The compact packaging makes it handy to have for travelling. As always, the pigmentations of Urban Decay eyeshadows are superb and stays on very well! I truly recommend this palette to those who want a simple neutral makeup look. 
 
My first post regarding the Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette.http://beautyloverssisters.blogspot.sg/2013/12/urban-decay-naked-basics-palette.html

No comments:

Post a Comment