Friday 8 April 2016

High-End vs. Drugstore (Roadshows) Makeup Products

High-End Foundation & Concealer

Worth the Splurge:
1) Foundation - I almost always buy high-end foundation. The biggest factor is the process of selecting a color match. A saleslady at the counter can greatly assist in the color selection. For drugstore brands such as Revlon or L'Oreal, you often have to play the guessing game to select a color match. Plus, the lighting at the drugstore is often not suitable for selecting a color match for foundation. The only drugstore foundation brand that I adore is Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. But in Singapore, they sell it at BHG counter, so I had the helpful assistance of a saleslady. 
2) Concealer - There is a huge difference between high-end concealers and drugstore concealers. High-end concealers provide more coverage, and yet goes on smoothly. As with drugstore foundations, you often have to guess your color match because there are no testers available. Even if there is a tester, the lighting at drugstore is not adequate to accurately determine a color match. Drugstore concealers that have high coverage tends to be cakey too. 

Mascara & Lipsticks 

Not worth the extra $$:
1) Mascaras - Since you have to replace them every 6 months, it would be very costly to purchase high-end mascaras such as Lancome, Dior and Chanel. Drugstore brands such as Maybelline and  CoverGirl produce good-performing mascaras that are easy on your pockets. Korean roadshow brands such as Etude House and innisfree have a good selection of mascaras as well. 
2) Lipstick - A girl needs an array of lip colors. I have a confession to make: I am a lip product junkie. I probably have more than 20 lipsticks, lip tints, lip crayons, lip glosses and lip balms. I do own some high-end lipsticks such as Chanel, NARS, Dior lipsticks. But I also own mid-priced products such as Benefit Benebalm. For affordable-priced products, my inclination is towards Korean roadshow brands such as Clio, VDL and innisfree. I especially <3 the VDL Expert Color Lip Cube Ex! 

So there you have it! Makeup products that I splurge on, and those that I save on. Tell me about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment