Friday 8 July 2016

REVIEW: Benefit Lip Lovin' Tinted Balms

~AG~
These tinted balms hydrate the lips with mango shea butter. It glides on sheer, but is buildable for more color. It is like a lip tint and lip balm all-in-one. It was surprisingly more hydrating than VDL Festival Lip Stick Glow Balm and Dior Addict Lip Glow. These tinted lip balms do wear off after eating or drinking. The staying power is decent for a tinted lip balm, about 2-3 hours.
This trio of mini-version is a great way to try all three colors - benebalm, cha cha balm and posiebalm. This mini version weighs 1.4 grams each, making it very handy for traveling. Each travel-sized version lasts me for about 2 months.

cha cha balm, posie balm and benebalm
benebalm
benebalm has a red tone. The pigment shows up surprisingly well on my skin. It creates a subtle red lips. benebalm also has a nice rose scent. Out of the three, benebalm is the most vibrant. A great lip balm/liptint to brighten the face. 

cha cha balm
The cha cha balm has a sheer peach tone, and was not as pigmented as I had expected. The peach tone was rather muted. I had really high hopes for cha cha balm because I thought it would work for my warm medium skin tone, but it was a disappointment. :(

posie balm
The posie balm has a poppy pink tone. This cool tone will work better for those that have a fairer skin tone. For my warm medium skin tone, posie balm washed out my complexion. *thumbs down*

Top to Bottom: cha cha balm, posie balm and benebalm
The usual price is S$30 for the trio of mini-size, or $10 for each mini-sized tinted balm. That is pricey for a mini-sized tinted lip balm, don't you think? However, with UOB Credit Card 15% discount, the trio costs S$25.50. After the discount, each mini tinted lip balm cost S$8.50. Still a hefty pricetag for 1.4 grams of lip balm. Out of the trio, the one I like most is benebalm because of the vibrant color. Even though I do like Benefit benebalm, I would reconsider repurchasing it because of the not-so-great value for money. But if you have cash to spare, you might want to check these moisturising tinted lip balm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment