Monday 25 July 2016

REVIEW: Boots Botanics All Bright Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

The girlish packaging of Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover

~AG~

A two-phase eye makeup remover uses dual layer technology. The oil phase to effectively sweep away makeup, dissolving waterproof formulations with ease. The aqueous phase helps to soothe and calm the eye area. It contains Hibiscus which has brightening properties. Natural AHAs from the Hibiscus flower act as mild exfoliation to help leave skin smoother and brighter. This eye makeup remover is also free of parabens. Previously, I have tried the older version of Boots Organic Eye Makeup Remover in the States. Several years have passed, so it is about time to test this newly formulated eye makeup remover. What attracted me to this Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover is the claim that it contains mild exfoliation properties. It is uncommon for eye makeup removers to contain AHAs. 

Where to purchase: 
Unfortunately, Boots skincare or makeup is not available in Singapore. I bought this eye makeup remover at Boots pharmacy in Bangkok, Thailand. For those in State side, this Boots eye makeup remover can found in Target. 

Affordability: 

Bought this for 195 Thai Baht (S$8). This is one of the most budget-friendly eye makeup remover that I have bought. 150 ml for less than 10 bucks, what a steal!

Effectiveness:
Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover works on waterproof eyeliners and mascaras. Two cotton pads are enough to remove my eye makeup. The first time I used Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover, everything was okay. However, during my second and third use, my under eyes area stung. *puzzled* It was not an unbearable sensation, but it was rather unpleasant. My theory is that the AHAs cause the stinging sensation since it is exfoliating the under eye area.  

I will not repurchase Boots Botanics All Bright Soothing Eye Makeup Remover. This eye makeup remover stings my eye area. I was sorely disappointed and had high hopes for it! It might be more suitable for those with less sensitive skin. Even though Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover is effective in removing waterproof eye makeup and is cheap, I rather skip the stinging sensation. 

UPDATE: The skin around my eyes showed signs of dry patches. Slight peeling of the skin especially around the under eyes area. This Boots Botanics All Bright Soothing Eye Makeup Remover is a definite NO! It is NOT soothing at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment