Saturday 1 April 2017

NEW BUY: The Body Shop Spa of the World Himalayan Charcoal Body Clay

~AG~

Browsing through a Body Shop store, I chanced upon this Spa of the World Himalayan Charcoal Body Clay. This was so interesting as I have never seen a clay product for the body. Clay face masks are commonly used to soak up impurities, and excess sebum. So, I asked the helpful saleslady what the difference between this Body Shop Charcoal Body Clay and regular clay face masks. She mentioned that the skin on our face is more sensitive, so clay face masks are much more gentle. She added that everyone has different skin types and not every skin type is suitable for clay face mask. While, we do not define the skin on our body the same way as we do the face on our skin. The skin on your body is more resilient compared to the skin on your face. 

This Body Shop Charcoal Body Clay is to be used once a week on areas such as your chest and back. Since recently, I have been suffering from some back acne, I decided to try this product out. It contains Bamboo Charcoal for the Himalayas. How cool is that! It comes with 200 ml of clay and retails for S$36.90. With the Body Shop membership discount, it came to be S$33.21.

While looking through the ingredients list, I found that Spa of the World Himalayan Charcoal Body Clay contains Salicylic Acid, a known acne-fighting ingredient. 

This has a minty sensation when applied. You leave it on for 10 minutes to dry. The saleslady told me to massage the areas in circular motions when rinsing it off with water. 

I would have to use it for a longer time to see whether it helps with my back acne. Stay tune for my review on The Body Shop Spa of the Worl Himalayan Charcoal Body Clay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment