Tuesday 25 April 2017

REVIEW: NARS Narsissist Hardwired Eye Kit

~AG~
Sleek mirror packaging
Comes with 6 eyeshadow shades
~AG~
This eyeshadow palette contains six neutral shades, and comes with a travel-sized brush and brown eyeliner. This purchase was a steal! It typically retails for S$80. But during Shiseido Warehouse Sale in December 2016, this NARS Narsissist Hardwired Eye Kit was selling for only S$40. So, why not try it? I have not tried NARS eyeshadow before, but have used NARS's eyeliner and lip pencil. The makeup artist that is doing my makeup for my wedding day has several NARS eyeshadow palette in his 
This eyeshadow palette works well for day and nighttime looks. So far, I have only used the three shades - the two shades on the right side (IV and I) , and the light grey shade (V) on the middle top.

What can I say about NARS Narsissist Hardwired Eye Kit?
The eyeshadow is not as pigmented as other brands such as Urban Decay and Visee Nudy Rich Eyeshadow. Since I prefer a natural eye makeup, the darker colors in this eyeshadow palette will be untouched. The shimmers on the eyeshadow is finely milled, and does not irritate my eyes. The texture of these eyeshadow is not powdery and there is no fallout. It is a decent makeup. The only downside is that the eyeshadows are not pigmented enough, you have to apply several layers for the color to show up. So if you are looking splurge on some eyeshadows, I would not recommend NARS eyeshadow.
I and IV does not show up well on my skin tone
Mini Eyeliner in Via De'Martelli
For the mini Larger than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via De'Martelli, it is a dark brown pencil eyeliner. Pencil eyeliner does not work well for my monolids, and tends to smudge. It especially, does not work well in Singapore's humid condition. This kit also includes a travel-size #43 Wide Contour Eyeshadow Brush. This densely packed angled brush blends and sweeps eyeshadow with ease. 
Wide Contour Eyeshadow Brush
Overall, this was a great buy because I bought it at a discounted price. Though, I would not splurge for a NARS eyeshadow palette at full price. In terms of pigmentation, NARS eyeshadows are not up to standard. I would rather splurge on Urban Decay or MAC eyeshadows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment