Wednesday 31 May 2017

REVIEW: Brightening Laser @ DRX Clinic

~AG~
Doctor Tsu has been my trusted dermatologist for over two years now. I am a commitment-phobe, and usually not "loyal" to my hairstylists, dermatologists and other beauty therapist. So two years with DRX Clinic, specifically with Dr. Tsu, is a phenomenon. 

The last time I saw Dr. Tsu was in Nov 2016 for my acne breakout after my trip to Italy, as I needed immediate help before my engagement photoshoot. Ever since then, I have not followed-up with him.
This time I decided to see him because it is about a month before the my day. My back acne scars and sun spots have been an issue for me. My back is one of the body parts in which I am very self-conscious about. While trying on my cheongsam, my wedding planner commented on my back acne pigmentation. Second instance was when I was trying on my evening gown and my fiancé commented on my back acne pigmentation also. Thirdly, while trying on a dress, my mom commented about it again. I thought that the Diamond Peel Back Acne Treatment @ My Cozy Room has helped with the pigmentation. But apparently not :( Time for a more dramatic intervention for my back acne pigmentation.
 Ketoconazole cream to be used to cleanse the back area
The lightener cream to applied twice a day
 Acne Spot Lotion to treat existing acne
During the consultation, Dr. Tsu mentioned that my back area was not bad at all. He said there was no need for oral medication. He advised on an body shampoo (2% Ketoconazole) to be used to cleanse the back area and to be left on for 2-3 minutes. Then a lightener cream (4% hydroquinone) to target the pigmentation and the acne spot lotion to treat active acne. The lightener creams costs S$106.80 and the ketoconazole cream costs S$10.70. Though, he said I would not see that much of a difference in a month's time. I told him that I wanted more visible results. He said for the laser treatment, it takes a few sessions to notice the difference. He said for the laser treatment, I might not see drastic difference, because I would only be able to do 3 sessions before my big day. 
 My back acne scars and pigmentation are quite obvious *cries*
The whole laser treatment took about 15 minutes. There was no need for topical numbing cream. The nurse clean the back area and then Dr.Tsu started the laser treatment. Compared to IPl hair removal, the laser treatment was less painful. This is coming for a person with very low pain tolerance. The procedure itself felt like static electricity, and I find it slightly ticklish. During the laser treatment, I commented to Dr.Tsu that I smell something burning. He said that was the smell of your body hair burning. Haha! This brightening laser treatment has no downtime and is not painful at all. My ultra sensitive skin did not have much redness. Dr. Tsu advised that the skin tends to get dry after laser treatment. He recommended that I apply body lotion to the back area after I applied the lightener cream.
Slight redness fter treatment 
I will be going for my second laser treatment session in two weeks' time. Will keep you all posted. 

1 comment: